New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Dubs looked great again vs SAS. I remain hopeful they can get an outright playoff berth as Oubre Jr shakes off the injury rust, Wiseman continues to learn and Coach Kerr develops new, solid rotations and schemes. Right now I've got them as "overachieving underdogs" and quite a long ways to go to being a juggernaut that strikes fear in the hearts of opponents' staff, players and fans alike but I must say that I am thoroughly enjoying watching this new chapter in their story unfold.
IMO Steve Kerr is an excellent coach :cool:

Reactions: MikeHorns

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Is it just me or does anybody else think that the Nets look really small when Kyrie is in the lineup? Then again maybe it's just Sexton's hair LOL
When D'Andre sits, KD becomes the center, a point center and how's that for their 'small ball' as they shipped out my favorite in the Nets , Afro Allen. :D With their big 3 playing, I often find myself looking for the other 2 when 1 has the ball and is trapped. It's like a 3-man show! :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Dubs looked great again vs SAS. I remain hopeful they can get an outright playoff berth as Oubre Jr shakes off the injury rust, Wiseman continues to learn and Coach Kerr develops new, solid rotations and schemes. Right now I've got them as "overachieving underdogs" and quite a long ways to go to being a juggernaut that strikes fear in the hearts of opponents' staff, players and fans alike but I must say that I am thoroughly enjoying watching this new chapter in their story unfold.
I have been hopeful from the start of the season but that news on Klay was just a killer, just like that of Hayward. One thing I really hope to see is Draymond gets back his shooting touch from their title years. Warriors surely need him to do 15 ppg. Wiggins needs to produce the numbers of Klay and Oubre needs to produce that of Harrison Barnes. And now they have a sleek promising center who can shoot from short range. Hopeful.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm not dissing Nets at all, I agree with you that they'll be one of the favorites. I do have concerns with their defense and bench as big 3 are playing too many minutes.
I observed that too. Their big 3 are relatively 'older' and it showed against the young Cavs who were running around like bugs, and Harris and Jeff Green aren't really Patrick Beverly or Draymond Green types. They need a Morris twin type. :D

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I observed that too. Their big 3 are relatively 'older' and it showed against the young Cavs who were running around like bugs, and Harris and Jeff Green aren't really Patrick Beverly or Draymond Green types. They need a Morris twin type. :D
The Nets don't play defense IMO . It is a typical Steve Nash, Mike D'Antoni run and gun offense and whomever has the most points at the end of the game wins. I wonder where Nash learned that type of game :oops:

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Big game to watch tonight is Lakers vs Bucks. The Lakers as well have been playing poor to sloppy defense and have been giving up big leads, the last to the Warriors who hung on to win

I expect both teams to be up for this one

Reactions: MikeHorns and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
ThenNets don't play defense IMO . It is a typical Steve Nash, Mike D'Antoni run and gu offense and whomever has the most points at the end of the game wins. I wonder where Nash learned that type of game :oops:
They need to trade for Spoestra, but they need to get Riley too. :D Hard to win a 7 game series via a shootout even though their trio can score 90 points a night. Too bad we're not going to see Dinwiddie make a 4 horsemen. With pure shooter Harris , that will really be the 5 horsemen of the apocalypse. :D

Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I love Jarrett Allen's retro '70s fro, it brings back memories of when I first start watching the NBA.

Who was your favorite player from the '70s?

View attachment 73945
None other than the top all time leading scorer of the NBA, KAJ.
kareem.jpg
He had a mini fro, and those side burns - menacing. But most of all I love that sky hook so much I used to practice doing it, to no success, so I moved on to Pistol Pete's shot. :D I was already a Celtics fan by then, which started with seeing Sam Jones draining virtually every shot he attempted, but the Celtics were out of it in the early 70s but I still watched those battles of Kareem and Willis Reed and Wes Unseld. Then Havlicek and Cowens came along and gave us 2 titles at the middle of the decade, one of them against Kareem and the Bucks.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My favorite fro from the '70s is Dr. J. But my favorite player from the '70s is none other than Lloyd "World B" Free.

View attachment 73948
Yeah, Word Free. I guess he's called World because he can shoot from out of the world. Lol

And look at that form. Ball on the side of the ear. I think Jamaal Wilkes did that first. :D

• Haha
Reactions: MikeHorns

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
For a guy that's basically only 6'(listed 6'2") he sure made a name for himself for being a showman on and off the court. Instant microwave before the microwave(Vinnie Johnson).

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Of all the changes the Lakers made in this brief off season that I feel was the weakest was getting rid of Dwight Howard and Java McGee for Marc Gasol

Gasol is nothing more than a big guy now. He lacks speed and he is not there to be a scorer because he isn't one of those

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I remember the Bucks' defense was quite good when Coach Bud took over a few years ago. Seems to be quite loose nowaways.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing