New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Great comeback by the Warrior. Stick a fork in the Clippers.

Warriors up 112-103 with a minute or so to go.
Lakers played another sloppy game yet prevailed at the end over a very good Bulls team
117-115

• Sad
Reactions: MikeHorns

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
Lakers played another sloppy game yet prevailed at the end over a very good Bulls team
117-115
Lakers heard me and return Kuzma back to the bench as the defense suffered since KCP went down. Kuzma is just not a very good defensive player, he's serviceable. The effort is often lagging and he is not smart with the rotational switch. He really just wants to go off and run on fast break.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
After LM, here is a new one, "Mental Health Day".
Welcome to Kyrie-land. :D

Report: Kyrie Irving took a mental-health day in missing Nets-76ers​

"Nash, twice proclaiming to not know at all why Irving wasn’t there, was odd. Before the game, Nash said he’d reached out to Irving but hadn’t heard back, and after the game, they still hadn’t connected. The Nets are generally aware of why Irving didn’t play, I’m told, and someone relayed the reason to Nash."

@ScoopB
https://twitter.com/ScoopB?ref_src=...eport-kyrie-irving-took-mental-160314246.html
Kyrie Irving’s reasoning for not playing in tonight’s game per a close source: “I just didn’t want to play.”
10:06 AM · Jan 8, 2021

• Wow
Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Pistons surprised the Suns with a comeback OT win for only their 2nd victory of the season. Their first one was against the Celtics. My Michigan-based classmate had to call me on that one, asking, is your Celtics really that bad? :D

Steve Williams

It is so good to see Steph back on the court this year. I still feel he is the greatest shooter in the history of the NBA. He is a delight to watch. Plus his sportsmanship is second to none. Warriors started the season slowly but their last few games have been terrific and the Warriors are now in 4th place tied with the Jazz. The warriors will be in there mix at season end, which for me is a good thing. I love there team, the management and ownership. All first class and now the nicest arena in the NBA

Golden State Warriors' Stephen Curry leaves team in awe in comeback win over LA Clippers

Nick FriedellESPN Staff Writer

SAN FRANCISCO -- Golden State Warriors star guard Stephen Curry scored 38 points in a 115-105 win over the LA Clippers on Friday night at Chase Center, bringing his team all the way back from a 22-point second-half deficit while reminding the rest of the basketball world just how much more fun the game can be when he goes off on one of his patented hot streaks.

"Pretty awesome, awesome night, considering how the first 28 minutes went," said Curry, who bounced back after being held to 13 points in Wednesday's loss to the Clippers.

The latest example of Curry's brilliance came on a night when the Warriors struggled to find any rhythm during the first half and relied on the two-time MVP to put the team on his back as he has done countless times through the years.

Curry made nine 3-pointers, went 13-for-24 from the field and dished out 11 assists in 36 minutes. In a week that has already featured Curry scoring 62 points against the Portland Trail Blazers on Sunday, the latest performance was almost as impressive, given how dominant the Clippers' defense appeared to be at times early in the game.

"He's making shots that you be like, 'Whoa!'" Warriors swingman Andrew Wiggins said. "There's not a lot of shots that he can't make. As soon as he steps over half, he's a threat, so he causes a lot of attention. So when he gets rolling, you just sit back and watch and let him roll."

In a week full of great performances, Curry's scoring barrage left teammates and coaches in awe again. It was Curry who sparked a 64-40 second-half run by the Warriors that earned the team its most impressive win of the season.

Warriors coach Steve Kerr had to chuckle a little while describing how Curry got rolling when things appeared so dim for his team.

"Number one, because he's Steph Curry," Kerr said. "There's not too much you have to say beyond it's just who Steph is. He's been doing this for many, many years and one of the reasons he's a two-time MVP and he's a phenomenal basketball player. And usually with Steph when he has a tough game he bounces back [in] the next one. That's part of his character, part of his competitiveness. He found something out there, he found some openings, and got himself going."

Curry went on such a tear heading into the fourth quarter that Kerr said his assistant coaches came to him with an idea to start the fourth: They wanted to keep him in the game at the start of the quarter, a move that doesn't usually happen for a player who has grown accustomed to a similar substitution pattern through the years.

The change continued to help open the floor for the rest of his teammates and gave them confidence that they could come all the way back from such a large deficit.

"I mean you got a guy that's hot like that, it takes a lot of pressure off for everybody at that point," Clippers swingman Paul George said. "Guys play harder. They got a guy who at any point can get hot and is an obvious offensive threat from anywhere on the court. It just fuels the whole team. They want to make extra plays, they want to keep their guy hot, keep the ball in his hands. And then it just gets to a point where they get comfortable, they get confident, the basket is just big for them. So I think that is what happened tonight."

To put Curry's recent play into more context, he is now 141-39 in his career when he scores 30 or more points. That's a .783 win percentage and is the third-best all time among 78 players to record at least 100 30-point games. The only players who have a better percentage are Larry Bird and Hal Greer, according to Elias Sports Bureau research.

"If I can create shots and create momentum scoring the basketball, there's probably going to be some more attention my way," Curry said. "And they know that I'm going to try and make the right play at all times and get going and get guys opportunities. For us, we just can't get in our feelings like we did in the first half, myself included, in terms of if it's not clicking that we kind of lose our energy a little bit. So that's on everybody, but that's on me obviously in terms of just keeping my foot on the gas pedal no matter what's happening in the game."

Curry's latest scoring spree had Warriors personnel almost shaking their heads in collective disbelief after the game.

"Sometimes, I've got to remember that I'm his teammate," Warriors forward Eric Paschall said. "I'm so used to watching it on TV. Sometimes I got to remember like, 'Hey, hold on. You're playing with Steph.' But sometimes you do want to sit there and watch. I'm not going to lie."

On top of Curry's performance, the Warriors ended their night with a joyous moment when Curry and the rest of the roster handed the game ball to longtime scorekeeper Fred Kast.

Kast, who has worked for the team for 57 years, got a picture with the Warriors players and made one final basket under the rim with Curry by his side.

"That was such a cool moment," Kerr said. "It's just remarkable when you think about how many basketball games Fred has seen, and how much he's committed to the Warriors organization. Going back to working games at the Cow Palace. It was so beautiful to see him out there. He was genuinely thrilled to be on the court with the guys. They signed the game ball, gave it to him. It was really a beautiful moment. It's the stuff that happens in sports that I think that pulls us all towards basketball, towards competition. All the people around the team who help and who are passionate about the game, are a part of all this. It was beautiful."

Steve Williams

Steph is the front runner for the league MVP thus far.
Totally agree. However the season is young. Nonetheless the Warriors are such a class organization

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Sixers lost to the Nuggets with virtually all their starters out on protocol.

Tatum is going to go on protocol quarantine as well. And he just played last night so I wonder what will happen as the whole team was in contact with him, plus the Wizards' players.

It's not looking good.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'd love to see that happen not just because I love Curry but also because it would be a heck of a nod to Klay too :)

Reactions: christoph

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I just read now that the rule is that if a team does not have 8 players suited up, they forfeit a game. Which was why the Sixers had to dress up an injured player just not to forfeit the game but they eventually lost to the Nuggets.

• Sad
Reactions: MikeHorns

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
LaMelo, youngest ever to record a triple-double, with 22 points, 12 rebounds and 11 assists. Maybe MJ has landed his version of Docic?
I Think playing overseas helped.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
LaMelo, youngest ever to record a triple-double, with 22 points, 12 rebounds and 11 assists. Maybe MJ has landed his version of Docic?
And Jordan may have finally struck gold with his lottery picks.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Doc must be the first NBA coach that has coached both his son and son-in-law.
Damned. Another record LeBJ won't be able to break :p

But I'm confident he will create other categories for new records of his own (and force them to the world) to hail the (self declared) King :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: WLVCA and jadis

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Entertaining game between the Hornets and the Pelicans. Pelicans were leading big but Hornets stormed back and took the lead at the end and won the game by 8. LaMelo was 1 assist shy of a triple double and Lonzo had only 5 points. Zion was fun to watch. Incredible offensive rebounder. Stan VG has to figure out how to make this team work, they got nice pieces. Hayward led the Hornets with 26 points and 7 boards. He is now the leader of the team.
I'm glad Hayward seems to have found "his" team after leaving the Jazz

Reactions: MikeHorns and jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing