New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Sorry to say it again, this is only one game and very early in the season.
That means exactly nothing :p
Let's hope the Clips get their act together and show their enormous potential over a longer period of time :rolleyes:
Christoph, I believe we have reason to be hopeful. There is talent in PG and the Terminator, and the Clippers team. A lot of people believed that last year but things happened not the way it should have been. Hope Lue gets the team glued together, as chemistry was always blamed on their collapse. Now that Doc is gone, some light should come in, and btw, I read again (which I had forgotten) that bit where there was an awkward friction between Doc and PG since PG supposedly cheated her gf then, who was the daughter of Doc. That, too, will be thrown out of PG's mind now, and hopefully he doesn't get dark again.:)

Reactions: christoph and WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thank you for this, Phil! :cool:
Seeing those two pics literally gave me goosebumps :oops:
What a pity that those two wonderful athletes and gentlemen don't play for the same team anymore :(
Yes indeed. Two class acts. Curry really gets my vote for the model player of this era, I mean, for a 2-time MVP and 3-time champion, he showed great humility when KD was there. Never argued with team members or trying to be a 'leader', giving KD the floor to manage the plays. Good thing there are still players like him who makes the game worth watching.

Reactions: rblnr and christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Here is the heart-warming video.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
BTW no one has been critical of KD (as they have of LeBron) as he has jumped teams looking for yet another ring as he teams up with Kyrie and his burning sage
Steve, my son is a critic of that move. I recall he showed me a video of an OKC fan (young boy) held by his dad, in tears when he was told that KD was leaving OKC. Until now, now son still insists that KD's move to join a champion team was 'worse' than LeBron's joining the Heat.

In my view, KD left the Warriors not because it was Steph's team as I didn't see any moment Steph would enroach into KD's 'leadership'. It can be shown in a poster moment - Steph's facial reaction of juibilation, when KD hit the dagger 3 towards the end game in front of LeBron's outstretched arm. Steph had relegated that duty to KD. It was Draymond's argument during a game (drive and not pass), that irked KD who was supposed to be the leader, and there was one Draymond who kept on the hot argument into the timeout huddle and into the locker room where profanities were reported hurled by Green. The irony was, it was Green who texted KD first after that 1-3 comeback loss to the Cavs. For me that bottom line in the KD move (not that widely criticized) to the Warriors seeking his first ring was because he was not the 'original' hopper, there was a precedent. :)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Steve, my son is a critic of that move. I recall he showed me a video of an OKC fan (young boy) held by his dad, in tears when he was told that KD was leaving OKC. Until now, now son still insists that KD's move to join a champion team was 'worse' than LeBron's joining the Heat.

In my view, KD left the Warriors not because it was Steph's team as I didn't see any moment Steph would enroach into KD's 'leadership'. It can be shown in a poster moment - Steph's facial reaction of juibilation, when KD hit the dagger 3 towards the end game in front of LeBron's outstretched arm. Steph had relegated that duty to KD. It was Draymond's argument during a game (drive and not pass), that irked KD who was supposed to be the leader, and there was one Draymond who kept on the hot argument into the timeout huddle and into the locker room where profanities were reported hurled by Green. The irony was, it was Green who texted KD first after that 1-3 comeback loss to the Cavs. For me that bottom line in the KD move (not that widely criticized) to the Warriors seeking his first ring was because he was not the 'original' hopper, there was a precedent. :)
you can spin it however you want Phil

It was always Steph's team and KD couldn't handle that but the dustup with Draymond was the major insult

Now as far as this being different circumstances but now you're just showing your bias against LeBron.There is no difference in the bottom line Phil. KD did it twice and LeBron did it 3 times.mThere is no difference whatsoever IMHO. hey all are chasing chapionships and TBH had KD stayed with GSW there was no doubt in my mind that that was a team destined to win more championships. Personally as much as I like KD I felt this was nothing more than a childish move on his part. Time will tell in Brooklyn whether it is KD's or Kyrie' team.

It's time you get over it Phil. I would accept your argument if you were consistent wrt all players om the move but your beef clearly is and has always been LeBron.

Or how about Paul George demanding a trade so he can join KL and the Clippers. I fail to see a difference Phil than all of your years of hating LeBron

This is a game and nothing more. It is meant as entertainment for we fans, more for the owners, even more money for the players who have egos bigger than their shadows and a strong desire to call a team "theirs" and the ability to bring home the trophy. It's nothing more than that Phil. For you to say you "hate" LeBron for what he has done is a word so powerful that I believe you are losing sight of the game overall. In fairness however it was LeBron's move to South Beach that started all future migrations to form super duos. This is the nature of the game Phil. You need ti let go of the word hate and start loving the game for what it has become. And finally Phil I have asked you many times and you have never answers......"how would you feel if LeBron came to the Celtics and Ainge traded all of the team young hopefuls including your favorite. Im sure you would be pissed like I was when I saw the entire Lakers youth traded to get AD. I was angry. But then the rest is history and although I am somewhat conflicted, the bottom line for me is that I have been a Lakers fan for over 40 years and right now I have not only accepted what has happened but I feel this year's team is even deeper than last year so for me I am excited for this season. I hope all players stay healthy and that soon the arenas will be filled. Right now however team spirit comes not form the fans but from their own bench. I must say that watching the Lakers on the sideline cheering for their team mates is like nothing I have seen for years and it ids usually LeBron that leads the cheers.

Yesterday when they were down 22 points and came back to tie the game it was the Lakers bench led by LeBron and AD. When the camera was on KL and PG they were inanimate.

So tell me Phil where the difference is that you hate LeBron Sio much but condone all of the other demands for trades by other superstars who feel they need to associate with a team that has star power and a possible path to a championship.

It is what it is and for my eyes the game has only gotten better with what has happened with mega trades and mega contracts. There is such parity now that on any given day any team can be beaten by another. The Clipps aren't the only ones the Lakers are looking over their shoulders at nor are the Clipps as I am not convinced the Clipps are as goods as last year, although PG earned some of his $40M last night as he was hitting from everywhere on the court. Finally I still have reservations about Lue as the Clippers coach. I agree with Rob on that. I will never forget when the Cavs won the championship under Lue, the camera panned to him on the bench as he looked in total shock as if he were thinking, "wtf just happened" I agree it was LeBron who coached the Cavs to that championship

It's a game and should be taken as such. The word hate should not have a place I our vocabulary to discuss a player unless they are malicious and play dirty etc. But then again as the saying goes, "no good deed goes unpunished" ;)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
you can spin it however you want Phil

It was always Steph's team and KD couldn't handle that but the dustup with Draymond was the major insult

Now as far as this being different circumstances but now you're just showing your bias against LeBron.There is no difference in the bottom line Phil. KD did it twice and LeBron did it 3 times.mThere is no difference whatsoever IMHO. hey all are chasing chapionships and TBH had KD stayed with GSW there was no doubt in my mind that that was a team destined to win more championships. Personally as much as I like KD I felt this was nothing more than a childish move on his part. Time will tell in Brooklyn whether it is KD's or Kyrie' team.

It's time you get over it Phil. I would accept your argument if you were consistent wrt all players om the move but your beef clearly is and has always been LeBron.

Or how about Paul George demanding a trade so he can join KL and the Clippers. I fail to see a difference Phil than all of your years of hating LeBron

This is a game and nothing more. It is meant as entertainment for we fans, more for the owners, even more money for the players who have egos bigger than their shadows and a strong desire to call a team "theirs" and the ability to bring home the trophy. It's nothing more than that Phil. For you to say you "hate" LeBron for what he has done is a word so powerful that I believe you are losing sight of the game overall. In fairness however it was LeBron's move to South Beach that started all future migrations to form super duos. This is the nature of the game Phil. You need ti let go of the word hate and start loving the game for what it has become. And finally Phil I have asked you many times and you have never answers......"how would you feel if LeBron came to the Celtics and Ainge traded all of the team young hopefuls including your favorite. Im sure you would be pissed like I was when I saw the entire Lakers youth traded to get AD. I was angry. But then the rest is history and although I am somewhat conflicted, the bottom line for me is that I have been a Lakers fan for over 40 years and right now I have not only accepted what has happened but I feel this year's team is even deeper than last year so for me I am excited for this season. I hope all players stay healthy and that soon the arenas will be filled. Right now however team spirit comes not form the fans but from their own bench. I must say that watching the Lakers on the sideline cheering for their team mates is like nothing I have seen for years and it ids usually LeBron that leads the cheers.

Yesterday when they were down 22 points and came back to tie the game it was the Lakers bench led by LeBron and AD. When the camera was on KL and PG they were inanimate.

So tell me Phil where the difference is that you hate LeBron Sio much but condone all of the other demands for trades by other superstars who feel they need to associate with a team that has star power and a possible path to a championship.

It is what it is and for my eyes the game has only gotten better with what has happened with mega trades and mega contracts. There is such parity now that on any given day any team can be beaten by another. The Clipps aren't the only ones the Lakers are looking over their shoulders at nor are the Clipps as I am not convinced the Clipps are as goods as last year, although PG earned some of his $40M last night as he was hitting from everywhere on the court. Finally I still have reservations about Lue as the Clippers coach. I agree with Rob on that. I will never forget when the Cavs won the championship under Lue, the camera panned to him on the bench as he looked in total shock as if he were thinking, "wtf just happened" I agree it was LeBron who coached the Cavs to that championship

It's a game and should be taken as such. The word hate should not have a place I our vocabulary to discuss a player unless they are malicious and play dirty etc. But then again as the saying goes, "no good deed goes unpunished" ;)
Steve, for me, there is no getting over as far as Lebron is concerned. No player has ever manipulated the league so much as him. I am biased, yes. Because he was a rival, and I have sided with other teams just to beat a rival. That is my take on how I view sports. Lebron had done much more than other players who demanded to be traded, he had caused coaches to be fired, not just once. Made illegal rules legal just because says so, and these are facts. There are articles documenting how GMs complained on his in league dinner with Davis who was a contracted Pelican. What do you call that? And Steve, I had answered your question re If ever Lebron gave the Celtics a title. I would not feel anything great. He has already imbued inside me the worst of all traits of any players I have ever known. Which is why Rob Parker said he cheated the NBA fans. I knew that long before. And I agree with Skip Bayless in his assessment of Lebron as well. As far as I recall, I never used the word hate, even as Franz used to do here, until you mentioned the phrase 'to you all Lakers haters out there', in response to my post that I was rooting for 7 western teams, as I will never ever root for any team where he plays, even for the Celtics. That is the truth. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And I forgot to add, that I did not find KDs move to the Warriors as a bad thing because he helped prevent Lebron from having 2 more rings. Lebron was not a Laker then. ;)

Last edited:

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
That's why I now designate the Lakers as LBL, not LAL. LeBron's Lakers, not Los Angeles Lakers.

Do you think Frank Vogel is really calling the shots for the Lakers? He had 59 wins and 110 losses in two seasons in Orlando so his credentials coming in weren't glowing.

Do you think Pelinka is calling the shots as GM? Or is it LeBron via Klutch Sports bringing Davis, Montrezl and others into the Lakers fold?

LeBron gave the Lakers a championship. Kudos to him for that.

Give credit where credit is due and recognize that perspective flipped in LA on LeBron only after he delivered the Holy Grail. As I recall he wasn't winning accolades after his first season with the Lakers

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
That's why I now designate the Lakers as LBL, not LAL. LeBron's Lakers, not Los Angeles Lakers.

Do you think Frank Vogel is really calling the shots for the Lakers? He had 59 wins and 110 losses in two seasons in Orlando so his credentials coming in weren't glowing.

Do you think Pelinka is calling the shots as GM? Or is it LeBron via Klutch Sports bringing Davis, Montrezl and others into the Lakers fold?

LeBron gave the Lakers a championship. Kudos to him for that.

Give credit where credit is due and recognize that perspective flipped in LA on LeBron only after he delivered the Holy Grail. As I recall he wasn't winning accolades after his first season with the Lakers
Mike, I almost asked you about the LBL thing as I thought it was a typo. Now it is clear. :) And I agree with all points you made. And with all those facts that had taken place. Dinner. Fired agent. Joined Rich Sports. And then ultimately packaged to the Lakers, are all these moves fair to the other teams? Why does Lebron and only Lebron be allowed to do these moves while others like Magic and Doc get fined for a wink and some words? Is is fair for a player like Lebron to be actively recruiting while in a game, after a game in the regular season? GMs can't even mumble names of opposing let alone have dinner with them. And exactly credit is due Lebron for bringing Davis in to the Lakers. I give him that too.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And why will I not feel overjoyed if Lebron ever won Boston a title? Because that ring is not for the Celtics. It is for his fingers to chase the Goat stature that he is so infatuated with. Lebron is the one who should get over it, to outdo Michael Jordan. The proof is in his 4 fingers after he won the last title. I can't imagine what he will become had the Warriors not won 3. The guy would have 7. He would have re carved Mt. Rushmore. :D

Steve Williams

And why will I not feel overjoyed if Lebron ever won Boston a title? Because that ring is not for the Celtics. It is for his fingers to chase the Goat stature that he is so infatuated with. Lebron is the one who should get over it, to outdo Michael Jordan. The proof is in his 4 fingers after he won the last title. I can't imagine what he will become had the Warriors not won 3. The guy would have 7. He would have re carved Mt. Rushmore. :D
Well we will have to agree to disagree. All the great players have a voice to the front office. Harden does. KD and Kyrie do and you can bet that PG and KL does as well. I hear everything you say however I believe your head is in the sand a bit wrt other great players in the league This is the way the league is. Sad but true.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Celts beat Bucks 122-121
Pleasant surprise as Giannis missed a game tying free throw. Tatum nailed a game winning 3 with 0.4 sec left. And Kardashian Thompson made his presence felt with 12pts and 8 boards.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
That foul call to send Giannis to the line with .4 seconds left was bogus.
Yes, Tristan didn't touch him. And I got nervous when the announcers were talking about a foul before the inbound which would have meant 2 shots and the ball. Again, lucky that Giannis missed that free throw.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And Doc gets his first win as a Philly coach. Embid was a terror inside and Doc will try to max this position.

Steve Williams

Luke and Sac Kings came back and shocked the Nuggets in Denver. o_O
Like I said.....the parity in the league this year is about as good as it gets and on any day any team can be beaten by another. It will all come down to who is the healthiest and can prevail in a best of 7 series

Steve Williams

Luke and Sac Kings came back and shocked the Nuggets in Denver. o_O
Just as big was the Pels over the Raptors and Phoenix over the Mavs

The top 8 in the west will be packed with talent and I see the east also as a big challenge to the west this year to win it all.

Reactions: jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing