New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Rondo fouled with 31.9 secs left

Fabulous game. Not sure how the Lakers kept ahead of the Nuggets as they ran circles around the Lakers who IMO played best with Dwight Howard on the floor

112-106 Lakers

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Final 114 -108 as Lakers take a 3-1 lead

Rebounds helped the Lakers win the game

This series is one of the best I have seen in years as Denver is an entertaining and talented team

Well guess what the Nuggs are down 3-1 and this is when they perform their magic

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Puuuh, what an intense game to "watch" here :eek:
Thanks Steve

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And here we go, with the fouls complaints to the league office, if it is the 'proper channels'. Btw, that non-foul called presentation of Vogel immediately reaped rewards in the 28 combined free throws of LeBron and AD. They missed only 3. Must have done a lot of practicing after the 'presentation'. I am 99.9% sure if Lebron were not in the Lakers team, nothing would have happened. Again, this is about Lebron's antics and manipulations, not about the Lakers team.
If LeBron can do it, so can the Nuggets. This league has to FAIR. It cannot allow a Lebron led team to do extra-judicial antics to allow him to muster any tiny tidbit to eke out a victory. This is not the WWE, I have repeated many times. That league allows villains to rile up the crowd by making illegal antics and rules violations to whet the appetite of the fans to to make the hero come in with a dramatic win. Sad to say, it already happened in the 2016 Finals with the 'stimulus package' (as coined by Stephen A) to LeBron's team after being down 1-3 in suspending Draymond Green.

Denver Nuggets' Michael Malone: Will 'go through the proper channels' to ask about fouls

https://tv5.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29966714/go-proper-channels-ask-fouls

Steve Williams

I thought the player one the Lakers that made the biggest difference was starting Dwight Howard. He was deadly under the offensive glass and made a big difference in the Lakers offense

Dwight Howard rebounds, fights for championship contention
After a post-Lakers sojourn, center has returned to L.A. for a redemptive run

Sekou Smith NBA.com

https://www.nba.com/news

My big hope is that AD's ankle won't keep him out of tomorrow's game

Steve Williams

Stephen A: The Heat Are Legitimate Challengers to the Lakers

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=29960534

I totally agree with this analysis. Going up against the Heat (assuming Denver once again doesn't come back from a 3-1 deficit) will be no easy task. It seems all of Miami's players are peaking at the right moment and it seems Herro for the Heat is just like Jamal Murray and can score with ease from anywhere on the court and he's all of 20 years old

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Stephen A: The Heat Are Legitimate Challengers to the Lakers

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=29960534

I totally agree with this analysis. Going up against the Heat (assuming Denver once again doesn't come back from a 3-1 deficit) will be no easy task. It seems all of Miami's players are peaking at the right moment and it seems Herro for the Heat is just like Jamal Murray and can score with ease from anywhere on the court and he's all of 20 years old
I have no doubt the Heat are championship material. I was telling my son that the mark of champions and would be champions is that they will come back in any quarter after trailing and eventually finish off with more points by the end of the game. That is called championship poise, in my books. Heat were not rattled when the Bucks would take the lead, they will eventually overcome it and win the game. Same as the first 2 games vs the C's, down most of the game but they stay poised and recover and make the final lunge. They do not make many turnovers. Jumping into trivia land - Miami has the 2nd most expensive salary in the NBA at $135m. While we know Butler will top that list followed by the Dragon and Iggy, the incredible stat is that Herro, being a rookie, nets $3.6m and Duncan Robinson gets $1.4m. These 2 were responsible in 2 of the 3 victories of Miami against the C's. Bam, surprisingly is paid lower than Herro at 3.4m, but doing the main damage inside. Curiously, one Solomon Hill is paid $13m and I have not even seen his shadow. Another is Haslem who has been with the Heat since the beginning of time, $2.5m for 'loyalty' or some future assistant position. :) Yes, things are much easier to see in the Heat organization for me without LeBum. :D

Steve Williams

I thought Sir Charles summed it up perfectly yesterday when he said the Lakers DON'T have a great team but rather 2 stars who generate the momentum for the rest of the team to feed off

The heat are young and fast and very good. Interesting if the trophy is won by the 5 team in the east or the 3 team in the west (never say never)

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
No life and no play pattern by the Celtics. They are stymied by the Heat's zone, no answer. They should be package for home after tonight.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Heat clearly is the more deserving Finals representative of the East. Ainge has got to convert those draft picks into veteran role players.

Reactions: christoph and WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reactions: christoph and WLVCA

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Almost forgot...straight up Doc Rivers for Brad Stevens. :)
Doc has said that he will always be a Celtic. So Ainge can do the trade, then retire his number. He can't move up or else Ainge will have no job himself. The thing about Brad, he doesn't like to take chances. He sits his rookies, like this Carson Edwards can drill in lots of 3s in a few minutes. And I cannot understand why he lets Kanter play for 8 min, who went 4-4 and 8 points, never to return. Heat has found out the wing wing wing plays of the C's. Bam is their answer. Raptors had no Bam character so the C's were successful. And I have not seen Brad do any inspiring pep talk to the players like Mike Malone. He is a good coach but I don't know about his way of motivating. So, counter offer, Doc + 2 picks = Brad. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing