New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
In light of the fact the NBA season starts today, and in light of the fact that our site is, first and foremost, a music oriented site, I thought I would combine the 2 and let members know about a brand new album by Superman:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Is this for real? LOL

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Putting that aside did you all see Boston beat up on Miami? The Big Three. Overestimated and way out of sync. IMO Boston remains the team to beat in the East.

Too early to tell... Boston was ready but don't expect Miami to play so out of synch the rest of the year.. They'll get their bearings and start abusing the rest of the league soon... Come playoff time, however things will be different as I have repeated it ... Chicago, Orlando, Boston are on their path and I belive oneof these will go to the finals, not Miami ...

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Who are the key players in Chicago Frantz and what style does the team play?

All we get here are the big market games :(

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Is this for real? LOL

It is. Here is Amazon's description of the album:

NBA All-Star, Orlando Magic center, Olympic Gold Medalist and humanitarian, Dwight Howard, can add one more credit to his growing list of accomplishments - recording artist. Dwight Howard will release his debut album, Shoot For The Stars. The full-length CD lineup includes MVP worthy recordings of popular arena anthems and classic hits, plus the original song, "Shoot For The Stars," which encourages his young fans to pursue their dreams. On Shoot For The Stars, Dwight is backed by his All-Star Band, featuring some of the industry's most talented musicians and session players, including Grammy winner Luis Conte (Eric Clapton, Santana), Abraham Laboriel (Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles), Leland Sklar (James Taylor, Phil Collins) and Tim Pierce (Bruce Springsteen, Michael Jackson). Also accompanying Dwight on the album is a group of talented young kids who sing backup vocals on each song. Special guests, the KIDZ BOP Kids, join Dwight on Michael Jackson's "Will You Be There." Shoot For The Stars was produced by Latin Grammy nominated producer, Loren Harriet, who also helmed former New York Yankee star Bernie Williams' two critically acclaimed albums. A portion of the proceeds from sales of Dwight's album will go to benefit the BETA Center (www.betacenter.org), the Orlando, FL based organization whose mission is to provide children and parents with the knowledge and support needed for strong and healthy families.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Who are the key players in Chicago Frantz and what style does the team play?

All we get here are the big market games :(

Key players
are

Derrick Rose.. Kid is young cool and understands the game... Calm as a veteran who's seen it all. Good basketball IQ, can score, can pass , can rebound. Defense is not that good, not yet anyway. The real deal, one of the league future superstars.
Carlos Boozer, very good forward/Power forward. Can score, defend, rebound and play a mean game in the low post. Decent shooter from afar ..
Joaquin Noah, the lightning road, plays all over the field, rebound incessantly , runs up and down the floor in offense or defense, opportunistic player who can frustrate the opposing stars with his constant hounding. Not a scorer, has no shot to speak of but will score off any miss. Always around the ball whomever holding it be it a point guard or a 7', if the ball is around the rim you'll find him there and he never but never tires ..
A fun ream to watch.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I agree about Chicago but disagree slightly re Joachim Noah. Tall he is but did you see him against some of the big centers of the league. He was nothing more than a distraction. When he played against Shaq last year he was invisible behind Shaq and the camera was in front of Shaq

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
I agree about Chicago but disagree slightly re Joachim Noah. Tall he is but did you see him against some of the big centers of the league. He was nothing more than a distraction. When he played against Shaq last year he was invisible behind Shaq and the camera was in front of Shaq

Shaq when he is committed is an irresistible force... There aren't many (Any?) centers who can play him well .. Not in this league, Back in the days you could have had your Moses Malone or your Robert Parish or Artis Gilmore, Darryl Dawkins; Guys strong enough to fight him to the spot, else no one today I would match against him when he is fighting to the post ...

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
After beating Miami, Boston fell to a supposed lottery-headed team Cleveland. That's the shock.

That game exposed the perennial weakness of Boston, relying too much of the Big 3 for points. They need a consistently scoring bench. Jermaine, Marquis have to contribute in a consistent basis. Only Big Baby Davis is performing well, and technically, he is part of the first 5 as Doc Rivers pay 'lip service' to Shaq by starting him, but Davis ends the game.

Miami will have either Wade or James explode for like 25 to 30 points a piece each game to terrorize the league. And at times, the Heat will need BOTH to explode in a game together to be able to challenge the Lakers in the other end. Both Wade and James are 'take-over-the-game' kind of players. Is there room for 2 such players in a team? Picture Lebron or Wade WITH Kobe in the Lakers team. I doubt it will work.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Miami will have either Wade or James explode for like 25 to 30 points a piece each game to terrorize the league. And at times, the Heat will need BOTH to explode in a game together to be able to challenge the Lakers in the other end. Both Wade and James are 'take-over-the-game' kind of players. Is there room for 2 such players in a team? Picture Lebron or Wade WITH Kobe in the Lakers team. I doubt it will work.
Very interesting observation. To answer your hypothetical with Kobe, it may be useful to look at the Olympic gold medal team from '08. In the 4th quarter of the finals, Kobe either scored or assisted on virtually every play. I think LBJ has that same potential with the Heat. LBJ will be playing point guard before season's end, particularly in the 4th quarters, and most assuredly in the playoffs. The Heat's main problem, IMO, is the complete and utter lack of a low post scoring threat.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
LBJ will be playing point guard before season's end, particularly in the 4th quarters, and most assuredly in the playoffs. The Heat's main problem, IMO, is the complete and utter lack of a low post scoring threat.

Very true. James seems to be the 'better' take over guy than Wade. James is bigger, making him play the role of a Magic Johnson type point guard as he has a better view of the court, including spotting a well-positioned Wade in the inner wings. But, yes, the million dollar problem - the 'small' llow post of the Heat. A 6'9" center like Anthony certainly wouldn't be able to do much against the likes of Bynum (when he returns), Gasol, and Odom in the playoffs. But hey, who knows, Michael Jordon didn't have a dominant center like Shaq or Hakeen then, he only had a sidekick named Pippen. :)

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Very true. James seems to be the 'better' take over guy than Wade. James is bigger, making him play the role of a Magic Johnson type point guard as he has a better view of the court, including spotting a well-positioned Wade in the inner wings. But, yes, the million dollar problem - the 'small' llow post of the Heat. A 6'9" center like Anthony certainly wouldn't be able to do much against the likes of Bynum (when he returns), Gasol, and Odom in the playoffs. But hey, who knows, Michael Jordon didn't have a dominant center like Shaq or Hakeen then, he only had a sidekick named Pippen. :)

Don't underestimate Cartwright, Horace Grant or even Scott Williams from the first 3-peat team or even Luc Longley and Bill Winnington from the second 3-peat. All of these big men had some offensive skill.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Don't underestimate Cartwright, Horace Grant or even Scott Williams from the first 3-peat team or even Luc Longley and Bill Winnington from the second 3-peat. All of these big men had some offensive skill.

Not at all. What I meant was a dominant or 'star' quality big player like Shaq, who in those times, was the 'star' player alongside Kobe. Of course, Kobe after the 3rd repeat, would dispute that. Amazingly, these big Bulls players like you mentioned suddenly became real good after coming into Chicago, and you can add Stacey King and Cliff Levingston to that list.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Forgot all about Stacey King. I remember him at Oklahoma. Cartwright was pretty decent in NY and Seattle as well.

Interestingly enough, as I am typing this posting I'm watching the Heat against the Magic. Heat are up by 24. The Magic are pretenders. Barring a major trade, they'll lose in the second round of the playoffs. Eastern conference finals, barring injury, will be the Heat against the Celtics.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Interestingly enough, as I am typing this posting I'm watching the Heat against the Magic. Heat are up by 24. The Magic are pretenders. Barring a major trade, they'll lose in the second round of the playoffs. Eastern conference finals, barring injury, will be the Heat against the Celtics.

Agreed. With 6 min to go in the game, Wade has 26, James has 15 AND 7 assists, that's 14 points to his credit. Bosh, if he scores inside like Gasol does, and consistently, will make the team real strong.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Jeez, what about Rondo! 24 assists, 10 points, 10 rebounds. 50 assists in his first 3 games, an NBA record. Wow! Just think what he'll be doing in about 2 or 3 years, after working on his jump shot in the off seasons.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Jeez, what about Rondo! 24 assists, 10 points, 10 rebounds. 50 assists in his first 3 games, an NBA record. Wow! Just think what he'll be doing in about 2 or 3 years, after working on his jump shot in the off seasons.

Boston is for real people.. Do take notice..They made a statement against the Heat .. These will meet each other, come playoff time...

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

yeah, if only he can have the shooting hands of chris paul or isiah thomas...

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
24 assists! I don't think he needs to shoot at all ;) ;) ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing