Page 887 of 887 FirstFirst ... 387787837877878879880881882883884885886887
Results 8,861 to 8,870 of 8870

Thread: New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! WLVCA's Avatar
    Red Auerbach had some quite unusual techniques.

He thought he was being clever.

I think the rest of the NBA thought he was engaging in unfair practices.

Some went so far as to accuse Red of cheating.

Reminds me a bit of Tom Brady and William Stephen Belichick.

Phil Jackson employed some unusual techniques but I don' t recall him being accused of cheating.

Now a Celtics fan may view that differently.
    Pigs get fat. Hogs get slaughtered.

Quote Originally Posted by WLVCA View Post
    Red Auerbach had some quite unusual techniques.

He thought he was being clever.

I think the rest of the NBA thought he was engaging in unfair practices.

Some went so far as to accuse Red of cheating.

Reminds me a bit of Tom Brady and William Stephen Belichick.

Phil Jackson employed some unusual techniques but I don' t recall him being accused of cheating.

Now a Celtics fan may view that differently.
    True.

But having posed with his statue in Boston, I see him only as sly. As in drafting Bird even though he was committed to play his senior year. by doing that, Red risked losing Bird's Draft rights if he didn't sign within a set date the next year. So 5 teams passed Bird but Red took him with the 6th pick and gambled. The rest is history, with 3 more rings from Bird.
    Last edited by jadis; 06-23-2017 at 11:23 PM.
    Phil

And a former assistant of Ainge supposedly admits to 'orchestrating' a plan to have Ainge not pick Josh Jackson. I find this a bit funny that if true, Ainge got railed by his former deputy.

http://www.celticslife.com/2017/06/t...ated-plan.html
    Phil

Better compare the Patriots to Microsoft . Not only do they cheat but they get help from those seek their favor.
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friendly to one, and enemy to none.
    Benjamin Franklin

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] rblnr's Avatar
    Thibs was on the Dan Patrick show this morning. Never heard him sound so excited before.

Guess that's what happens when you just fleeced the Bulls team that fired you as head coach and added Jimmy Butler to your Timberwolves roster.

The Bulls management has to be among the worst in the NBA, challenging the Knicks and Kings for biggest knuckleheads.
    Let's see how it plays out. The Bulls were stuck for a few years as a .500 team with middle first round picks -- in other words, nowhere. The finally pulled the plug on the remodel and went for a gut rehab; the right move I think.

Trading your best player (a top 15 guy) is tough; you're likely going to get back less-good-at-the-moment players. I love Butler, but he's not a tier one star. The Bulls will likely have highesh lottery picks for the next couple years in addition to three guys who could develop into all stars. Thibodeau notoriously doesn't like to play rookies -- let's see how Dunn develops. And what's he going to say about the trade anyway? Levine is an elite athlete who improved his shooting and was on his way to being a top SG -- guys do come back from knee surgery these days. We'll see about Markinnen, but he's the kind of player the league favors these days.

Unfortunately the Prokofiev Nets aren't around to fleece as Ainge did. That said, I wonder if they could have held onto the sixteenth pick if Thibideau wanted Butler so badly. Painful as the Bulls may be this fall, I like and understand where they are now better than where they would be pre-trade. The next couple of years puts responsibility directly on management for talent evaluation and the coaching staff for player development.
    -- Bob

Industry participation disclosure: dealer for Paradigm, Anthem, NAD, Scaena, The Clue loudspeaker, AMR/iFi, Hegel, Bluesound, PS Audio, Artnovion acoustic treatment www.outreachav.com

Interesting observations about the Bulls. Sometimes it is time to move forward with different players.

Clippers are facing similar circumstances with Blake and CP3. I wouldn't object if the Clippers went in a different direction.

Those two guys helped make the Clippers respectable but the team is stuck in place and can't move past the 1st or 2nd round in the playoffs.

Apparently the Rockets are interested in Chris Paul.

Not sure how that would work. Both CP3 and James are ball dominant. Both are bull headed. Don't think they would work well together.

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] rblnr's Avatar

Not sure how that would work. Both CP3 and James are ball dominant. Both are bull headed. Don't think they would work well together.
    My guess is that D'Antoni thinks he can get them to work together. He's a guard coach, but yeah, tough to see it.

Clips seem at the point where it's nuts to do the same thing again. Need some new energy if nothing else.
    -- Bob

Industry participation disclosure: dealer for Paradigm, Anthem, NAD, Scaena, The Clue loudspeaker, AMR/iFi, Hegel, Bluesound, PS Audio, Artnovion acoustic treatment www.outreachav.com

Opting out does necessarily mean you are leaving. They (Paul amd Griffin)worked for cheapest owner in NBA.
    Last edited by Gregadd; Today at 01:34 AM.
    Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friendly to one, and enemy to none.
    Benjamin Franklin

Hard to see that combo work too. Houston is an aggressive organization. They have championship pedigree. But the problem is, after all is said and done, it's still hard to imagine a D'Antoni team winning the title.
    Phil

Page 887 of 887 FirstFirst ... 387787837877878879880881882883884885886887