New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Kyrie Irving dominated the 3rd as the Cavs take the lead

Sorry Phil

It just wasn't meant to be as it was like two different games played. Celts crumbled in the 2nd half as the Cavs win 112-99

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Sorry Phil

It just wasn't meant to be as it was like two different games played. Celts crumbled in the 2nd half as the Cavs win 112-99

I can't ask for more but to see the C's play hard and they have a good effort. It is a good learning experience for the young players as they look forward to next season. The future still looks very good for them.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Is Golden State so afraid of Cleveland they are rooting for Boston?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Two teams who would rather eat dirt than lose to each other. Both have talent. The coaching edge goes to GSW. They both are playing for history. Shooting v. classic basketball. Should be great seven game series.

Steve Williams

Two teams who would rather eat dirt than lose to each other. Both have talent. The coaching edge goes to GSW. They both are playing for history. Shooting v. classic basketball. Should be great seven game series.

I tend to agree about a 7 game series which might very well go to the last shot or better yet to OT

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It would be a nice rubber match. Hopefully no more ifs and buts that marred the first 2 encounters. And if Steve Kerr cannot coach, it will be Mike Brown coaching against his former team and hopefully James does not bump into him again, literally. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Should it be Cleveland vs Golden State in the finals, I will again be rooting for the Cavaliers.

For better or worse, I will now root against the Warriors when they play any other NBA team.

The Warriors were warm and fuzzy not so long ago but now they have become the Evil Empire - at least to me.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I don't care much for OT.
Generally speaking only one team plays well.

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
If only there were no three point shots and the premium was on big men.
It is why you can't really compare Jordan and James.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My notion is that the teams went to outside shots, 3 pointers included, when the league tightened up on hand checks and slight contact to prevent rough plays and brawls. Fights and brawls are less likely to happen when players keep shooting 3s, as you don't even want to foul anyone shooting a 3.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
My notion is that the teams went to outside shots, 3 pointers included, when the league tightened up on hand checks and slight contact to prevent rough plays and brawls. Fights and brawls are less likely to happen when players keep shooting 3s, as you don't even want to foul anyone shooting a 3.
The rise of the three point shot is much more sinister.IMO
How different would the Bulls have been if Jordan,Pipen and Rodman had to be dominant 3 pointers.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The rise of the three point shot is much more sinister.IMO
How different would the Bulls have been if Jordan,Pipen and Rodman had to be dominant 3 pointers.

The establishment of the 3 point line obviously started the proliferation of treys, though early, on, few would still take it, as few have the range. Maybe only 1 or 2 players from a top team would have the range. I recall Michael Cooper for the Lakers, Bird for the Celtics, and of all people, Bill Laimbeer would hit a few 3s every now and then. :D If I were to pick a point where the 3 was used as a deadly weapon in the playoffs, it was the Bull's Toni Kukoc who made it an art. That was a foreshadowing of things to come in the NBA. Reggie Miller was there too at around that time. Later on, Kobe and Paul Pierce would develop to have that range. And before we know it, the likes of Mike Miller, Battier, Chalmers, Curry and Klay Thompson were using it as bread and butter in championship runs. Imo, the only way to bring back the half court, big-guy dominating game would be to scrap the 3 point line.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Ironically the big man became central to the 3 point offense. The principal defense was to lunge at the shooter. This was proven ineffective against big men. Then along comes Curry who shoots so far from the basket he is very difficult to defend.

Steve Williams

IMO this rubber match will be hopefully be one for the ages. The Cavs bring strength and brawn with all of their big guys whereas the GSW bring speed, finesse and accuracy. Everyone is healthy except Steve Kerr so can't wait for the tip off. Im hoping it will be a close and hotly contested series with no dirtiness or bad calls. In the first series which GSW won, Love was hurt and IIRC Kyrie was also hurting.

Last year when the Cavs won, Curry was far from healthy so hopefully this year will be for bragging rights

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing