New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I thought LaMarcus Aldridge would be a powerhouse player in San Antonio and was very surprised at his underwhelming performance this year so I agree with Paul Pierce....to a point. All I will say is that Paul's decision to retire was a wise one. ;)

Biggest news is that James Dolan finally made a good decision if he actually does let Phil Jackson go. Likely that Phil is not thrilled with how things went with the Knicks either so best for all concerned.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Chris Paul traded to the Rockets. Apparently he and James Harden wanted to play together (and I guess James said he would share the ball). Will be interesting to watch for sure.

Clippers get something back rather than him leaving in free agency - Patrick Beverly, Decker and Williams.

No bad feelings towards CP3 on my part. He gave the Clippers 6 good years. Wish him the best.

Edit - Clippers also got a 2018 1 - 3 protected first round pick.

Last edited:

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Chris Paul didn't sign a new contract with the Rockets, just opted into the final year of his existing deal. Very interesting. Low risk deal for the Rockets.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Chris Paul traded to the Rockets. Apparently he and James Harden wanted to play together (and I guess James said he would share the ball). Will be interesting to watch for sure.

Clippers get something back rather than him leaving in free agency - Patrick Beverly, Decker and Williams.

No bad feelings towards CP3 on my part. He gave the Clippers 6 good years. Wish him the best.

Edit - Clippers also got a 2018 1 - 3 protected first round pick.

Wow. Surprising new. Didn't see that coming though I did read that the Rockets were in serious pursuit, and that was only like 2 days ago. Even more surprised at some reports saying that CP3 was not happy with the way Doc run things there, specifically his preferential treatment to his son Austin. Sad it had to happen this way. But the NBA has once again been realigned. I heard Harden wanted to play with CP3, and they might actually do well with D'Antoni's system. And now, I hear the Rockets want PG13 too. Wow.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Wow. Surprising new. Didn't see that coming though I did read that the Rockets were in serious pursuit, and that was only like 2 days ago. Even more surprised at some reports saying that CP3 was not happy with the way Doc run things there, specifically his preferential treatment to his son Austin. Sad it had to happen this way. But the NBA has once again been realigned. I heard Harden wanted to play with CP3, and they might actually do well with D'Antoni's system. And now, I hear the Rockets want PG13 too. Wow.

CP3 seems to be destined to the fate of greats without a ring (Pat Ewing, Charles, Barkley, etc) . I fail to see a team with the galactic defensive hole that Harden represents winning playoff series against San Antonio, GSW or the Cavs. If you wish to trade baskets with these teams..... you are more than welcome but they will always score more ! :). On top of that Mike D'Antoni vocabulary doesn't seem to have the word "defense" in it.. which as the cliche goes, wins championship. I could be wrong but the pairing doesn't strike me as ideal.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson

Michael Eaves from ESPN reported the Doc/Austin/CP3 rift. Eaves used to host the pregame/post game and half time shows for the Clipper local TV broadcasts. He must still have some contacts in the Clipper organization and could have some good insights. I always thought CP3 and Doc were major buds so I was quite surprised to read of the rift.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Michael Eaves from ESPN reported the Doc/Austin/CP3 rift. Eaves used to host the pregame/post game and half time shows for the Clipper local TV broadcasts. He must still have some contacts in the Clipper organization and could have some good insights. I always thought CP3 and Doc were major buds so I was quite surprised to read of the rift.

Well, my own feeling is that Doc is a bit enamored to his former Celtics players. You can actually count Austin Rivers as one since officially he was taken in as a Celtic and Ainge traded him to Doc. I'll get back to him later. Then there is Paul Pierce, whom Doc signed to next season till he got waived just a few hours earlier. There is Jeff Green, Glenn Big Baby Davis, and Brandon Bass - all former Celtics. Back to Austin Rivers, he signed a contract for 3 season starting last season for $11m, then $11.8m for next and $12.650m for the third year. I mean, would any team really sign him for half that amount when JJ Redick just have a $6.75m paycheck? Jerry West has to figure that out. Doc also has Lawrence Frank as his assistant with the Clippers, who sat beside him as assistant too in Boston. Now, I am reminded of what Doc said when he signed a 5 year extension with the C's - "I will always be a Celtic." When he bolted for the Clippers, I thought the statement was not true, but now, I think it is. :D

All told, I understand CP3's and other Clippers who felt alienated by Doc.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
CP3 seems to be destined to the fate of greats without a ring (Pat Ewing, Charles, Barkley, etc) . I fail to see a team with the galactic defensive hole that Harden represents winning playoff series against San Antonio, GSW or the Cavs. If you wish to trade baskets with these teams..... you are more than welcome but they will always score more ! :). On top of that Mike D'Antoni vocabulary doesn't seem to have the word "defense" in it.. which as the cliche goes, wins championship. I could be wrong but the pairing doesn't strike me as ideal.

True. Defense is not in Mike D's dictionary. I think this might be his chance for a double barreled high octane offense with Harden and CP3, like a double barrel shotgun. :) 7 seconds offense may now be reduced to 5 seconds. :D He must be thinking of Game 3 of the Finals wherein the Cavs just literally out shot the Warriors by a mile. But he has to do it 4 times. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Reading a couple of Clipper fan forums today, most are pretty aggravated with Doc at the moment. They are also mad at CP3 and they hate BG32 and JJ Redick, too. Guess they are blowing off steam.

Many believe Jerry West is already pulling the strings for the Clippers. I am certain he is influencing Steve Ballmer.

Maybe Doc has had his run with the Clippers and should move on. I remain a Doc Rivers fan - lots of respect for the guy. That doesn't mean that I would be opposed to additional changes with Clippers management and some movement in new directions including with Doc.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Danny A better produce something these days as some C's fans have been wanting a Phil Jackson ending for him ever since he passed on the number 1 pick. With all his assets, he could form an entire D league team or even an expansion team. Someone named Gordon, George or Blake has to walk through that door. He can even trade Al. :D

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Danny A better produce something these days as some C's fans have been wanting a Phil Jackson ending for him ever since he passed on the number 1 pick. With all his assets, he could form an entire D league team or even an expansion team. Someone named Gordon, George or Blake has to walk through that door. He can even trade Al. :D

I would think that any fan would dream about having a GM of that caliber, I , for God sake would love to see that kind of understanding of the game at the Lakers'. He's been good, he's been almost prescient and has made of the almost moribund Celtics a true contender. What should he have done better?

It's great to have the number one pick but if you were to ask the Blazers, they could tell you a lot about Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. Likely the stupidest decision ever made in the NBA draft history. The same Blazers later passed on KD to take Greg Olden ...

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I would think that any fan would dream about having a GM of that caliber, I , for God sake would love to see that kind of understanding of the game at the Lakers'. He's been good, he's been almost prescient and has made of the almost moribund Celtics a true contender. What should he have done better?

Another Banner. :D

It's great to have the number one pick but if you were to ask the Blazers, they could tell you a lot about Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. Likely the stupidest decision ever made in the NBA draft history. The same Blazers later passed on KD to take Greg Olden ...

We C's fans are hoping for something close to that in player blossoming, but I have read from many C's fans that Ainge's track record is 38 draft picks and 0 All-Star. :(

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
That's interesting news about the Ainge family. I forgot about the BYU connection and didn't realize one of his sons was still in Utah.

It seemed to me that he put together and is executing an excellent plan to rebuild the Celtics. Apparently some Boston fans don't feel the same way.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
That's interesting news about the Ainge family. I forgot about the BYU connection and didn't realize one of his sons was still in Utah.

It seemed to me that he put together and is executing an excellent plan to rebuild the Celtics. Apparently some Boston fans don't feel the same way.

Same here, I forgot too about his BYU playing days before playing for the C's and this news about his son in Utah surprised me. :)

Well, I think some Celtics fan are now eager if not overly anxious to get back to the year 2007 when the NBA sports world headlined the coming of one Kevin Garnett to Boston. I was not too thrilled about Al Horford's massive signing last year, but I am hoping for the C's to land Hayward, Paul George or Blake. 2 of the 3 will be fantastic. The buzz in the C's fan page is that Ainge can't stockpile TOO MUCH of the draft picks as they won't translate to a title of a Finals at least. A major 'morph' is needed from the cocoons into pretty big butterflies. :)

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Blake is good at beating up team managers, not so good in the playoffs. Seems to crumble every year either mentally or physically.

But I am not bitter.......:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing