For Duke - Bill Berry and His Ellington All-Stars

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Now that is a very special wife! Hang on to that one. :D (as if you wouldn't) Congrat's Ron and enjoy! I love hearing things like this. Kudos to your other half!!!

Tom

Thank you, Tom! I read your post to my wife. She squealed with delight!

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Thank you, Davey. After reading many enthusiastic posts about Flamenco Fever I listened to some of the album on Youtube. I have somewhat narrow musical taste. I preferred the music on For Duke.

I agree with you Ron. I much prefer the music on For Duke, although I do appreciate the music on Flamenco. However, the SQ on Flamenco is really something special...and for that alone, I am seeking it out.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Thank you, Davey. After reading many enthusiastic posts about Flamenco Fever I listened to some of the album on Youtube. I have somewhat narrow musical taste. I preferred the music on For Duke.
Turn the flamenco up loud and grab some aspirin...lol
I'm with you on For Duke.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Great Score! M&K - Miller and Kreisel used to make loud speakers, satellites with a sub. - I sort of remember having one of their powered subwoofers.

Both "For Duke" and "Fatha" were on the TAS Superdisc list. I bought them new way back 35+ years ago. There were also a couple of others from M&K on the Superdisc list. Looks like I have nine of their recordings, including two which were designed to show off deep bass for their subwoofers.

The Four M&K Realtime records on TAS SuperDisc List
M&K Realtime RT101 Ellington For Duke Bill Berry
M&K Realtime RT105 Fatha Hines
M&K Realtime RT106 Hot Stix Ed Graham
M&K Realtime RT110 Encore Roger Wagner Chorale

Five Other M&K records in my collection:

M&K Realtime BE 1 The Bottom End Misc
M&K Realtime BE 2 Bottom End Musical Bass and Transient Test Record Misc
M&K Realtime RT 112 Beethoven Sym9 - 4th Movement Mitzelfelt
M&K Realtime RT 113 The Power and the Glory V1 Holzgraf
M&K Realtime RT 114 The Power and the Glory V2 Holzgraf

Larry

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Great Score! M&K - Miller and Kreisel used to make loud speakers, satellites with a sub. - I sort of remember having one of their powered subwoofers.

Both "For Duke" and "Fatha" were on the TAS Superdisc list. I bought them new way back 35+ years ago. There were also a couple of others from M&K on the Superdisc list. Looks like I have nine of their recordings, including two which were designed to show off deep bass for their subwoofers.

The Four M&K Realtime records on TAS SuperDisc List
M&K Realtime RT101 Ellington For Duke Bill Berry
M&K Realtime RT105 Fatha Hines
M&K Realtime RT106 Hot Stix Ed Graham
M&K Realtime RT110 Encore Roger Wagner Chorale

Five Other M&K records in my collection:

M&K Realtime BE 1 The Bottom End Misc
M&K Realtime BE 2 Bottom End Musical Bass and Transient Test Record Misc
M&K Realtime RT 112 Beethoven Sym9 - 4th Movement Mitzelfelt
M&K Realtime RT 113 The Power and the Glory V1 Holzgraf
M&K Realtime RT 114 The Power and the Glory V2 Holzgraf

Larry

M&K satellites and subwoofers were some of my first speakers

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Hi Ron

Yesterday I found a NM copy in San Jose which I bought but today I put in a low ball offer on a new sealed For Duke which was accepted. So I guess I'll have two copies

That is great work, Steve!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Was searching for a source to buy the CD of this and landed on our own site! MSB was playing it at their suite and sounded incredible. Alas, the combo CD the played starts at $130 for used copy. For Duke goes for $26. Being as cheap as I am, I will keep searching for a cheaper source :).

FYI this was the MSB disc:

And Amazon cover:

Anyone know of any downloads of this, let me know please! :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing