Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Gotta love the blues.

Reactions: 24bit

APP

Oct 1, 2014
The album has been released and it is impressive;
Carmen Gomes Inc. RAY!

All the Sound Liaison albums seems have a story or a philosophy to them. That's the music as well as the technical aspects. These guys are really into what they are making, true connoisseurs of music:

"The 2 most important engineers in Ray Charles' oeuvre were Tom Dowd and his protégé Al Schmitt. The story goes that before Ray Charles, Tom Dowd and Al Schmitt started working together, tape recording levels were kept safely way below the limit. But Charles, Dowd and Schmitt realized that by carefully getting close to the limit, a beautiful light colorization of the upper harmonics took place. In tribute to the 2 engineers I decided to use an analog signal chain to master the DXD recording to a Studer A80 reel to reel tape recorder in order to get that little bit of "tape saturation" that Ray Charles liked so much, keeping in mind Tom’s and Al’s love for minimalistic equalization and very little compression. The various reverb techniques used on the album were inspired by Al Schmitt's work. I have added a bit of depth to the beautiful natural ambience captured in the hall by carefully chaining reverb units at minimal settings. This technique helped the sound of the album become more coherent despite the different recording techniques applied, following the rules of the Arch Manifesto".

Frans de Rond Link to further reading

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK

Reactions: Gregadd

APP

Oct 1, 2014
Superb new album from SOUND LIAISON with new mega talented singer song writer ODELION. Incredible SQ and masterfully crafted songs and arrangements. I have been listening to this the whole weekend, the songs really stays, and the lyrics keeps coming back in my mind when not playing the album so I have just left it on repeat. Great dynamic range too.
Album is on a special 'weekend deal' now.;
Odelion Northern Lights
And it had some fine reviews as well;

"Warning! On this album Margriet Sjoerdsma and the Odelion Orchestra challenge the audience by reinstating listening as if it was a ritual. The attentive listener is hereby warned that the combination of music and text on this album is irresistible and overwhelming!"

Jazz Radar

"You don’t want to miss a single note from this fairytalish musical paradise. Odelion is a Dutch pearl that needs to be discovered!"

OOR magazine

On this album we created a sound field that is intimate but with enough depth to have a visual representation of the instruments.

The idea is to let the melodic part of each instrument stand out yet never overshadow the whole. The benefit of this approach is that you can visualize the ensemble in front of you; trombones and french horn left, voice in the middle with the piano placed slightly further to the back and the strings to the right.

Frans de Rond & Peter Bjørnild

APP

Oct 1, 2014
Here is a glowing review of the One Mic recording "Don't You Cry" from Carmen Gomes Inc.

the album is available from these distributeurs;
https://carmengomes.bandcamp.com/music (Redbook CD, Mp3, wav 44.1)
https://www.soundliaison.com/ (Flac, DXD, DSD)
https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/SL1030A-dont-you-cry ( DSD)
Those one mic recordings are amazing. Carmen released a youtube video of the alternate take. I guess seeing is believing I saw a on facebook that someone claimed the recordings were fake, that Carmen and her band were ''play backing"!
Well if so they are damn good actors and the recording still sounds amazing.
:):):)

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee

APP

Oct 1, 2014
Those one mic recordings are amazing. Carmen released a youtube video of the alternate take. I guess seeing is believing I saw a on facebook that someone claimed the recordings were fake, that Carmen and her band were ''play backing"!
Well if so they are damn good actors and the recording still sounds amazing.
:):):)
Redbook CD's here https://carmengomes.bandcamp.com/

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing