Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Bob's correct. I have the same color on my Alexia's

Dan... the Brown is much darker.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Uh, I want to say those can't be Desert Silver... they look bronze and nothing like the photos of Bruce's Alexias. Scroll down to the bottom of the page on that link, aren't the silver pair there the silver?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Mike, I believe it's the standard Desert Silver* color.

* Click on it.

Uh, I want to say those can't be Desert Silver... they look bronze and nothing like the photos of Bruce's Alexias.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page on that link, aren't the silver pair there the silver?

Floyd, Desert Silver is the color of the sand in the desert; it has an 'earth' tone into it.
The Silver color you are referring to from the link's article on page two at the bottom is the Mercedes Silver color.

* If you click on this => Desert Silver just like in my above quote,
you'll see more clearly that Desert Silver has that slight earth (bronze/pinkish/light brown/sand) tone color.

** Bruce owns the Wilson Alexias in Desert Silver color; so he knows very well, and so is Debby (Wilson) Beaman (she knows that color).
- Ask her.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
It isn't Desert Silver.

Debby already answered the question, see reply #8 in this thread:
http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...new-Alexia-(Offical-Press-Release-Information!)

Only smokey grey! :D

You're right; she said that the 'Brown' one is the "Porsche Titanium Brown" color ...I thought that it was the Desert Silver myself, and Bruce helped in confirming that too.

And the 'Silver' one she said is the "Classic Grey" color. ...And I thought that it was the Mercedes Silver.

Are we confused or what! :D

P.S. Debby, could you please confirm and explain the differentiation between those color tones. ...Their names and pictures corresponding to the right speaker's color. I am now truly confused by what the Wilson Audio site says and what yourself said.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Dan, I think you are right; from that picture on that link from the first original post by Mike, according to Deb it is indeed a custom Wilson color.
...Which was designed specifically for that advertising Wilson speaker's picture (with the brick wall behind, and nice real wood floor's color flavor under).

You were right right from the get go. ...And we were wrong. ...How that makes you feel? ...Better than James Brown? :D

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
Dan, I think you are right; from that picture on that link from the first original post by Mike, according to Deb it is indeed a custom Wilson color.
...Which was designed specifically for that advertising Wilson speaker's picture (with the brick wall behind, and nice real wood floor's color flavor under).

You were right right from the get go. ...And we were wrong. ...How that makes you feel? ...Better than James Brown? :D

I was just trying to help mbovaird ID the color.

We're lucky to have Debby on the forum.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I was just trying to help mbovaird ID the color.

I know, you are a helpful member, the most helpful one; this time around. :b

We're lucky to have Debby on the forum.

Tell me more about it! ...She's a 'super-hipper-duder'* lady. :cool:

* My own invented triple-decker word. ...Meaning; swell.

------------------------->

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
You guys are so sweet!! :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing