Western Electric tube manufacturing

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
Yes, this was announced a few motnhs ago; they are going to expand beyond just 300B production, adding a few more tube types

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I’ve heard that Western Electric is opening a tube manufacturing plant in Georgia. This could be good news for many of our members. Anyone have more info?
Lee
Lee

what a great treat to read your post. I do hope all is well

oldvinyl

Jun 3, 2017
Specific Northwest - Seattle area
Steve, I also hope you’re well! Heard this & had to try to share. I see the news got here before me!
The recent edition of Stereophile has a review of the WE 91E amp. The review stated that the 300B and ECC81 tubes were supplied by Western Electric.

From my understanding, which could be misinformed, they intend to produce 12AX7, 12AT7, 12AU7, 6L6 and 6550 tubes.

Maybe they are already running some production?

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
It’s interesting that they are looking to offer novals. Quite often new manufacture is based around larger triodes and rectifiers.

Reactions: ddk

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing