Wavestream

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Rarely seen or heard, I always loved the look of these monoblocks!

964785_545156748856988_1343047198_o.jpg966559_545155062190490_1835001041_o.jpg919998_545155252190471_1992733713_o.jpg964067_545155695523760_609001101_o.jpg967144_545156182190378_926022167_o.jpg

Always wanted to check out the phonostage.

Me too! One day have to haul my ass over to Wes Bender's in Brooklyn to hear it!

The V-8's are one of the best amps I've ever heard.

The V-8's are one of the best amps I've ever heard.

What speakers did you hear it on Mark?

Years ago, had one of Scott's early MFA amps in for review and just couldn't drive my Maggies. Turned out was designed on Soundlabs and sounded great on that speaker.

Member "The Smokester", who hasn't posted for some time, uses the Wavestream phono, Wavestream line stage and a single Wavestream hemi 8 in stereo with his Dunlavey SC IVa and SME 20/SME IV-VI arm, Koetsu Onyx Platinum. The sound is up there with the best.

What speakers did you hear it on Mark?

Years ago, had one of Scott's early MFA amps in for review and just couldn't drive my Maggies. Turned out was designed on Soundlabs and sounded great on that speaker.

I heard them on Dali's in LA. I can't remember what speakers Wes Bender was using at RMAF a couple of years ago. BTW, Wes is one of the great guys in audio.

I heard them on Dali's in LA. I can't remember what speakers Wes Bender was using at RMAF a couple of years ago. BTW, Wes is one of the great guys in audio.

Marten or Hansen?

jazdoc,

I'm curious if we heard the same system...Wavestream V8's driving the DALI Megaline ribbons with a Forsell Statement SS amp driving the mid/woofer units. I listened to this system/room at Elliot Midwood's place.

jazdoc,

I'm curious if we heard the same system...Wavestream V8's driving the DALI Megaline ribbons with a Forsell Statement SS amp driving the mid/woofer units. I listened to this system/room at Elliot Midwood's place.

Yes! It was Elliot's. He is one of the good guys! I think he was using a Brinkmann turntable with a Messenger preamp.

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 469
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 557
Yes! It was Elliot's. He is one of the good guys! I think he was using a Brinkmann turntable with a Messenger preamp.

Agreed :D
I believe Elliot designed the Messenger, which may have been a development of a mic pre, IIRC.

Elliot owns Acoustic Image in studio city, of course scott frankland is the designer of the wavstream. george cardas uses a brace of wavestream v8s to drive his maggie typanis, you can see them in his youtube vid.

I will check that out...thanks for mentioning it.
Are you attending THE Show, Rob?

I have a friend who worshipped his V8s for about a decade. Outstanding amplifiers. But they recently were moved out for something new.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing