VTL TP-6.5 II

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Reactions: woodrand

woodrand

Apr 3, 2017
That is interesting news! I have the previous one, didn't even know about the new model. In my opinion it sounds amazing when stuffed with Telefunken NOS 801S, 802S and 803S.
20190524_170958.jpg

gadawg58

Apr 7, 2018
I too own the previous version and have not been able to find the new one anywhere to audition.

George

ski nut

Oct 19, 2020
I have had the VTL TP 6.5 series II in my system since early August. It replaced my VTL TP 6.5. I normally do not write audio comments. I felt compelled to comment based on the performance of the Series II. Within the first 10 seconds of the first LP I was impressed with the difference between the Series I and the Series II.
Better dynamics, more detail and just a better coherence to the music that gives that "live" feel. Luke and Bea's sonic descriptions on the VTL site are accurate.

I only play analog and have an extensive collection across a lot of musical genres. I am impressed at the emotion of the pluck of a string, the breath in a vocal, the sheen of a horn and the beat of a percussion; those moments that resonate and provide the motivation of this audio pursuit. Any album I pull out has provided a satisfaction that causes me to pull out another and then another... you know the drill. If you have 6.5 going to a 6.5 series II is a no brainer. Otherwise, the 6.5 Series II maybe worth a listen if you looking for a new phono amp.

zebo67

VIP/Donor
Apr 27, 2017
systems.audiogon.com
That is interesting news! I have the previous one, didn't even know about the new model. In my opinion it sounds amazing when stuffed with Telefunken NOS 801S, 802S and 803S.
View attachment 68068
Great looking analog system. May I please know your impressions on Whest phono. Now that Whest is available in US, I am considering PS.40RDT SE to pair with Hana Umami Red. Thank you for your time.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing