Very happy w/ the Shunyata Typhon addition for the Triton......

heickc

Nov 29, 2014
Is there an upgrade option on umbilical cable from Alpha HC to Sigma HC 30inches 20A cable when buy a new Typhon ?

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Is there an upgrade option on umbilical cable from Alpha HC to Sigma HC 30inches 20A cable when buy a new Typhon ?

We have no plans to make a SIGMA Umbilical for the TYPHON. I am sure that it won't stop some entrepreneurial soul from putting a SIGMA-HC between the TRITON and TYPHON. If someone does it I hope that they don't start seeing angels descending from heaven. Then, we would surely have to make plans to develop one.

:D

CanadianMaestro

Dec 17, 2014
Canada (surprise!)
Hi everyone,

Need some advice. I use a Simaudio 310LP phono preamp plugged into Triton/Typhon. There is an external power supply unit, the 320S, that can be plugged into the main 310LP and then into an AC outlet (in my case, the Triton). My question is, would it be redundant (overkill) to get the external power supply? Since I already use Triton/Typhon...

Thanks for any input.

Pete

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Hi everyone,

Need some advice. I use a Simaudio 310LP phono preamp plugged into Triton/Typhon. There is an external power supply unit, the 320S, that can be plugged into the main 310LP and then into an AC outlet (in my case, the Triton). My question is, would it be redundant (overkill) to get the external power supply? Since I already use Triton/Typhon...

Thanks for any input.

Pete

Better power supplies (simaudio in this case) are different than better power (shunyata in this case). I suspect you'll come out ahead with the Simaudio upgraded external supply

CanadianMaestro

Dec 17, 2014
Canada (surprise!)
Better power supplies (simaudio in this case) are different than better power (shunyata in this case). I suspect you'll come out ahead with the Simaudio upgraded external supply

What's the difference? They both provide power filtration, which is the critical attribute for SQ.
cheers,

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
What's the difference? They both provide power filtration, which is the critical attribute for SQ.
cheers,

I should clarify my comments...I am not saying the better simaudio supply is better than your shunyata. I am saying they are doing different things and both will likely yield a better outcome than just one alone.

I suspect the simaudio external supply is doing more than filtration. a few reviews out there...I just read about adding the external supply to the 810...Look up Tone Audio issue 68 for a full review of the 820 supply...

http://www.tonepublications.com/magazine/issue-68/

CanadianMaestro

Dec 17, 2014
Canada (surprise!)
I should clarify my comments...I am not saying the better simaudio supply is better than your shunyata. I am saying they are doing different things and both will likely yield a better outcome than just one alone.

I suspect the simaudio external supply is doing more than filtration. a few reviews out there...I just read about adding the external supply to the 810...Look up Tone Audio issue 68 for a full review of the 820 supply...

http://www.tonepublications.com/magazine/issue-68/

Yes, i've read the 320S review a while back. I'm gonna stick with what I have, and use the funds to upgrade my Triton power cord.

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Hi everyone,

Thanks for any input.

Pete

The Sim external power supplies supply DC power to multiple Sim components. This would most likely be a good performance upgrade.

From the Sim site:

powers products simultaneously: 740P Preamplifier - 650D and 750D DAC/transport - 610LP and 810LP phono preamplifiers. Each output provides DC power for both analog circuitry (audio) and digital circuitry (controller, CD transport, front panel displays) on 2 separate and unique XLR type cable

CanadianMaestro

Dec 17, 2014
Canada (surprise!)
Thank you, Caelin. I shall consider the 320S for my 310LP. It just sounds damn good these last 3 years, plugged into Triton/Typhon. can't imagine what more I can get from a DC supply. And now...the 310LP will sound even better...

because I just secured a great deal on an Anaconda Zitron C19 for my Triton, from my dealer. Sold my CobraZ C19, so I am looking forward to the AnacZ once the present owner brings it into my dealer (he's doing a trade-in/buy for a Sigma). I will be very happy with AnacondaZ for years to come.

Keep up the great work --

Pete

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Real nice move on the feed cable upgrade Maestro, one of my Anaconda feeds was out for a while and I was floored with how far the system went backwards... Prepare to hear some proper bass and real music from the Anaconda.

Congratulations

CanadianMaestro

Dec 17, 2014
Canada (surprise!)
Real nice move on the feed cable upgrade Maestro, one of my Anaconda feeds was out for a while and I was floored with how far the system went backwards... Prepare to hear some proper bass and real music from the Anaconda.

Congratulations

Thanks, S.O.T. Looking forward to the bliss. Had lusted for an Anac-C19 for years, but this deal was too good to pass up, especially after my recent sales on CAM.

off the sleep.
M.

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Thank you, Caelin. I shall consider the 320S for my 310LP. It just sounds damn good these last 3 years, plugged into Triton/Typhon. can't imagine what more I can get from a DC supply. And now...the 310LP will sound even better...

because I just secured a great deal on an Anaconda Zitron C19 for my Triton, from my dealer. Sold my CobraZ C19, so I am looking forward to the AnacZ once the present owner brings it into my dealer (he's doing a trade-in/buy for a Sigma). I will be very happy with AnacondaZ for years to come.

Keep up the great work --

Pete

Congrats! The Anaconda is big upgrade. Enjoy.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing