Van den Hul The Colibri XGP LW MK-II and Kuzma 4Point 9 tonearm?

kjetilf

Dec 29, 2020
Anyone using that combo or have any views on that combo? I have this tonearm already and I'm considering an upgrade to that cartridge. I'm just wondering about this as I've seen recommendations for this cartridge for tonearms weighing 8-14g as well as 9-12g. Would the 13g Kuzma 4Point 9 be fine with this 5g The Colibri?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF, kjetilf!

Please tell us about the rest of your system.

What cartridge are you using on the 4Point presently?

kjetilf

Dec 29, 2020
Thank, Ron!

I’m currently using an Hana ML where I have a buyer lined up.

My system is a Kuzma Stabi R turntable with the Kuzma 4Point 9 tonearm with the Hana ML cartridge as well as a Kuzma Stogi tonearm with a Hana SL Mono cartridge, the phono preamp is a PS Audio Stellar Phono and the ampplifier an Accuphase E-650 integrated. Also Martin Logan Classic ESL 9 speakers and Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 speaker cables as well as interconnects.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Very nice! Thank you.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
I believe @kodomo tried it with a Master Signature.
Yes, I did, it was slightly better than 12" 4 point that I have but it had not solved the issues of tilted highs for me and I very much prefer the 12" 4 point on my system. I still have the MS strad 1.1mV in ebony if anyone is interested. I decided it is not the cartridge for me, so I will make a very good deal if anyone wants it. It has much less than 100 hours.

I lean on a new MSL Platinum, and enjoy my Miyajima Madake atm which for me are more balanced (in my system)

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
As a high-compliance design, Colibri are better suited to low-to-medium mass tonearms.
VdH will make you a less compliant version suitable for heavyweight arms on request.

As an aside, i understand the Miyabi Fuuga mates especially well with 4Point.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing