Uncut Gems / Trailer & more ...

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Makes me all the more interested in seeing it as I just cannot think of him in his work to date as an academy award for Best Actor but never say never

I worry when he is soliciting votes for his win in the video

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
NBR (Uncut Gems)
• Best Actor (Adam Sandler)
• Best Original Screenplay

NYFCC (Uncut Gems)
• Best Director

I didn't know anything about this film prior to few days ago.
It opens (limited) next week, and to the masses (December 25), and 1917 opens also December 25.

The Oscar's race is already on, and with films it's not always black and white.
We have dramas, comedies, suspense, horror, action (Marvel), Netflix (again, it just won't go away), twisted flicks (Joker & Once Upon a Time ...), romances, period times, we have the full gamut of movie emotions and sensations, and frictions ...
The Irishman is my big favorite so far (looking for 1917 for cinematography), and I'm fully aware of the lies from the book it's based on ... I Heard You Paint Houses.
I've read enough articles from all experts to know that the writer of the book didn't investigate his writings, and that Frank Sheeran is full of it. If I pass all that (Scorsese doesn't care about the truth) The Irishman is still the best film I saw so far this year.

Another film I want to see before the Oscars is, Uncut Gems of course, and Pain and Glory.
I don't care that much for Brad Pitt, for Once Upon a Time, for Joker (except for the music score and Joaquin Phoenix), ...in the art of filmmaking wise, The Irishman stands above the rest.

2019 is a year of tumultuous events, of catastrophic natural disasters, of deep divisions, ...brief a year of cataclysm. 2020 is right upon us and I pray for better results from the filmmaker avant-gardistes.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
My son saw the movie and said it was very god. He commented that it was so intense and Aam Sandler so over the edge that my son said he felt exhausted at the end of the movie and worried that he developed an ulcer watching it. He said Sandler was excellent but didn't feel worthy of Oscar for Best Actor
We are seeing it in a few days

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I wanted to walk out. In my mind it was nothing but non-stop screaming and profanity by Sandler. The dialogue must have been any moron to write. In my ind he played a characture not a character. How can you feel any empathy for such a role when ho has no redeeming values. He was an ass to everyone he came in contact with.

I can understand when a actor wants to break out of a box but IMHO he went too far and couldn't carry it off. Now of course this is the kind of acting the Hollywood loves.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing