The Big C- Season One-Showtime

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
We're looking forward to it!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
OK so to all of you The Big C followers, how many of you watched the 4 hour mini series finale?

What a fitting way to end this series. I must admit that parts of it made me somewhat uneasy as the show finally brought to conclusion Cathy's fight with Stage 4 melanoma. She makes a conscious decision to stop all chemotherapy so that she can be "right in her mind" when she attends her son's high school graduation

The show then delves into end of life issues, hospice care and the gradual deterioration of her health. The move to the final scene of her life was 30 minutes too late for her husband Paul who has resolved his marriage to Cathy to the very end when he reached her room with a bouquet of peonies (which she wanted for her wedding but her father didn't pay the extra $400) only to have her hospice nurse tell Paul that she died 30 minutes earlier. The ending (or how it ends) was somewhat imaginative but I can say that if it didn't choke you up I don't know what will. All of the loose ends of her life and that of her family and friends are tied in one beautiful knot

Laura Linney IMO was absolutely brilliant in the lead role and i would hope that she receives an Emmy Nomination (and hopefully wins) for this brilliant role. Definitely worth watching if you are a fan of the series.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing