The Best Jazz Albums of 2014

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Can't argue with Ambrose Akinmusire, Matt Wilson or Frank Kimbrough. I'm a huge Bad Plus fan but consider The Right of Spring a noble but ultimately, unsuccessful experiment. JD Allen's "Bloom", Joshua Redman's "Trio Live" and Stanton Moore's "Conversations" deserve consideration

APP

Oct 1, 2014
If I had to choose just one my favorite would be the Batik download ''the old Man and the Sea''
It is European jazz at it's best, lyrical but in this case also telling a story, and if sound quality is of importance this one is truly hard to beat.
Batik Hoes 200 shadow v3.jpg http://www.soundliaison.com/

This recording really shows what is possible these days in terms of creating a truly wonderful soundstage.
And finally we have a band daring to to compose a suite or a concept album, really telling a story without words but expertly creating the intended images in your head.
Hats off to Sound Liaison for yet another stunning sounding album.

Last edited:

Migo

Aug 10, 2013
tony-bert-300v1.jpg

This download is what jazz is all about, interaction, emotion, beauty and true musicianship and it is live.
And the sound is up to the usual Sound Liaison standards, stunning.

http://www.soundliaison.com/

Migo

Aug 10, 2013
Can't argue with Ambrose Akinmusire, Matt Wilson or Frank Kimbrough. I'm a huge Bad Plus fan but consider The Right of Spring a noble but ultimately, unsuccessful experiment. JD Allen's "Bloom", Joshua Redman's "Trio Live" and Stanton Moore's "Conversations" deserve consideration

Yes,the Joshua Redman album is REAL JAZZ!!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing