The Audio Note UK Ladder-Resistor DAC is ready to debut!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Look forward to reading about this one. Apparently expected to cost substantially less than the DAC 5th Element but sound better?

analogsa

Apr 15, 2017
Cascais
If you mean the AN room in the Marriot, then yes. Stayed inside very briefly as the volume level exceeded the comfort zone of the amp/speaker combo. Not pretty.

Attachments

• DSC_2040.jpg
    DSC_2040.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31

slcaudiophile

Nov 6, 2014
Um ... SLC?
interesting ... thanks for sharing. PQ is really a music lover and listening to all types of music. he loves to show off what a few SET watts can really sound like at times. if you had asked him to play something you were familiar with i am sure he would have been happy to do so! :)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I spent 30 mins in this room. It was sounding quite good.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I spent 30 mins in this room. It was sounding quite good.
Was the new resistor ladder dac in use in that room? Or only LP was played?

I can't find any media coverage on their new resistor ladder dac.
:confused:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Was the new resistor ladder dac in use in that room? Or only LP was played?

I can't find any media coverage on their new resistor ladder dac.
:confused:

The placard said fifth element.

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
I was watching this journey. It seems it hasn't moved much since 2015, when those test boards were photographed. Yes, please show some internals of the new dac. I have owned quite a few over the years, 1.1, 3.1, 4.1, DAC 5 Special (with upgraded parts). And some of the ANK Kits inc a heavily modded 4.1 with an AN UK DAC 5 board in it. I still use the kit for a second system. Alas, unless they have reinvented the design completely, I remain unconvinced it catching up to the Kassandra Ref II, as the gap to that DAC is BIG from the AN UK DAC 5 Special. I also heard the AN DAC 5 Signature circa 2017 and it was a tiny bit ahead of my DAC 5 Special, but still well behind the Kassandra.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing