The Absolute Sound YouTube Channel Just Hit 10,000 Subscribers

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I am very proud to announce our YouTube channel just hit 10K subscribers after just eight months. If you have not subscribed, then I hope you will. Total views are 855,000. This should help our ranking with the YT algorithm.

We think videos are great for discussing topics of interest, interviewing musicians and celebrities, introducing gear, covering trade shows, and the like. But for in-depth analysis, the print magazine remains vital in our view.

I hope the content we have posted so far has been meaningful or at least entertaining. Many thanks if you have been a viewer or subscriber.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Tas has come a long wPay from when HP refused to give away one issue for free.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Tas has come a long wPay from when HP refused to give away one issue for free.
Earning a profit is a great thing…it has allowed us to invest in and build several new channels to build awareness and share insights with new audiences.

Reactions: tima

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Lee, I will say that TAS channel garners shockingly low views. Particularly for how high of production value is maintained. After a half hour or so of watching a few minutes here and there a few months back. My predominant thought was how much this type of content is very likely going to be missed in the future.

Reactions: Lee

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Lee, I will say that TAS channel garners shockingly low views. Particularly for how high of production value is maintained. After a half hour or so of watching a few minutes here and there a few months back. My predominant thought was how much this type of content is very likely going to be missed in the future.
I think it may be a function of a few things:
1. We are a relatively new channel. Really only been at it for eight months.
2. YT algorithm. Experts tell us that you really accelerate once you get 10K views. So hopefully we are on to better things!
3. We are still learning what types of content garner more views…however we are willing to offer content we feel is important even if it is less popular.

That said, our Wilson Audio and Shunyata Research factory tours did really well. Wilson got 55K views and counting. That’s a very good number for our industry.

Our Winding Road channel has 1.1 million subscribers so we know how to do this work.

Reactions: rando

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
While I don't turn to youtube often, using it to watch system videos and the occasional how-to video for stuff around the house, I appreciate that you guys are doing something. That you're willing to put in the time, energy and dinero to support the hobby in this way is a positive. I remember watching a few episodes from Tom Martin and sidekick Lance on 'Audio Basics How to Judge Stereo Quality' and other subjects, and thought those pretty good. Maybe a touch slow, but the content was good. I'd really like to see that series transcribed to use as a reference.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
While I don't turn to youtube often, using it to watch system videos and the occasional how-to video for stuff around the house, I appreciate that you guys are doing something. That you're willing to put in the time, energy and dinero to support the hobby in this way is a positive. I remember watching a few episodes from Tom Martin and sidekick Lance on 'Audio Basics How to Judge Stereo Quality' and other subjects, and thought those pretty good. Maybe a touch slow, but the content was good. I'd really like to see that series transcribed to use as a reference.
Thanks. I think there is good content in that series.

rando

Sep 22, 2019
I think it may be a function of a few things:
1. We are a relatively new channel. Really only been at it for eight months.
2. YT algorithm. Experts tell us that you really accelerate once you get 10K views. So hopefully we are on to better things!
3. We are still learning what types of content garner more views…however we are willing to offer content we feel is important even if it is less popular.

I appreciated the dose of reality it offered that is already lost for many encouraged to partake in content that persists on more tempestuous views. There is an element of learning more about fishing quietly rocking in the boat absorbing the age old act. In place of laying waste to an ever changing body with new lures apparently boiling the waters in angry strikes.

For many years going the high end struggled to produce video content successfully carrying the message attempting to be conveyed. I was impressed no less at the neatness in which it was accomplished as that it managed to capture deep waters are not to be judged by appearance of desolate slow moving surface conditions.

With any luck you won't have to change much in order to have your audience find you. From a younger perspective, it has increasingly seemed the algorithm needs to be defeated by searches in unassignable directions. Before it gets frustrated enough to attempt sidebar suggestions of any worth. I'd be curious to discover how much of your business strategy expert's focus was on slicing out this, more likely to occur in the high end consumer, studious form of interaction.

That said, our Wilson Audio and Shunyata Research factory tours did really well. Wilson got 55K views and counting. That’s a very good number for our industry.

Our Winding Road channel has 1.1 million subscribers so we know how to do this work.

I wish you the best bringing TAS and related publications into this sphere.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing