Synergistic Research Voodoo music server

keithc

Dec 31, 2022

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
SR has some decent products. I guess people like fuses.

I am sort of partway into a job. A online influencer wants one of my panels. But he wants to send it to SR to be "Treated". I would like to know what that means. I would like to hear the panel before and after to assess what it sounds like. Hey, I have an open mind. If I can listen in my shop on my terms and I hear good things, I would offer it as an option. SR has not returned my phone calls.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Of course not? I'm not really buying anything. And Ted looses control over his product. I would have a product with before and after results. I to my own fault to plainly share what I think sucks.

Its funny, I just read Save Me The Plums. Food critics tell it as it is. Audio critics almost never smear a product.
I also wanted to try Puritan. They wont call me either. Probably because I have said its stupid and unsafe to run a ground wire to a stray rod in the yard. I have one coming from a dealer anyway. I want to know if they work. I will tie it to my ground legally. FWIW, I hear about 50/50 on ground boxes. Either the heavens opened or muaa. Nothing much. The ones who say Wow have significant investment. Probably $15k or more. According to Puritans site, I probanly need multiple units like everyone else wants you to buy

Same with Richard Gray. Won't call back. I have never said anything about his SPD other than buy it. Since he never called me back I looked around and found a much better SPD for high lightning area. Better clamping. Current up to date certified testing. And enhanced transient filtration. Environmental Potentials EP2050 calls it sine wave correction. Thats not accurate. Its simply removal of small surges in the 40 volt range from things like switches, fan motors, refrigerator and AC cycling off in your house. They do nothing to repair a sine wave distorted from low order harmonics.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing