Server advice

Starch

May 5, 2023
I got Weiss dac 501 with an integrated streamer, now I want to build pc for a server ( currently using mac mini for roon core) and want to put Jcat network xe card in my pc.
My question is, am i going to improve my sound with just jcat network card ( using my dacs streamer ) or should i go full on USB and net cards with lpsu of course, so i totaly avoid streamer in my dac. My idea is to start with jcat network card in terms of getting cleaner signal but i herd that it is better if i go over usb and net card altogether. Hope my question is clear :)

Current setup is weiss dac with built in streamer, ansuz network switch and mac mini 2012 just for roon core. my dac has an roon end point as well as upnp, usb, spdif, aes ebu....

Any opinion is welcome.

Thanks,

Branko

Thuan

Apr 20, 2020
If fund is available, it's better to go JCAT XE network card and USB card at once. Otherwise, adding one card at a time will bring improvements in some areas while revealing weaknesses else where in the setup.

Starch

May 5, 2023
If fund is available, it's better to go JCAT XE network card and USB card at once. Otherwise, adding one card at a time will bring improvements in some areas while revealing weaknesses else where in the setup.
so you think its better if i connect my dac over usb and not use dacs streamer? (roon endpoint)

thanks for answering!

Thuan

Apr 20, 2020
so you think its better if i connect my dac over usb and not use dacs streamer? (roon endpoint)

thanks for answering!
The proof is in the pudding, and I haven’t experienced DACs streamer (roon endpoint). I’d say, try the JCAT XE netcard with your DACs streamer first and hopefully you’ll like the improved SQ. Once and if you’re ready to go build the PC, consider adding the USB card. My two cents.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing