Running Springs Audio fans?

kleinbje

Dec 20, 2012
CT
Everybody here seems to be hooked on Shunyata, but after careful comparison RSA was the only brand that didn't take anything positive away from the music. I'm using a Dmitri with HZ, several mongoose on sources and another Hz for the amp. I find they make an amazing improvement, anyone else a fan.

Jeff

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Everybody here seems to be hooked on Shunyata, but after careful comparison RSA was the only brand that didn't take anything positive away from the music. I'm using a Dmitri with HZ, several mongoose on sources and another Hz for the amp. I find they make an amazing improvement, anyone else a fan.

Jeff
Would love to read any comparisons you could make if you don't mind...always enjoy reading those. I have heard great things about Running Springs. My local dealer only had access to Accuphase and Transparent, and I needed a serious cord extension since I melted the last one. Ended up with Transp Ref Power Isolator...nice difference. but again, did not have the opportunity to listen to Shunyata or Running Springs.

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
I have been using a RSA Haley for the front end of my system since 2007. No complaints and no itch to try something new. I believe the acquisition by API technologies has damped enthusiasm at most dealers.

JimmyS

Sep 1, 2013
Chicago, IL
I have been using a Jaco for all the front end components and a Duke for the amps for a few years to help with the lovely 1940's wiring in my Chicago house. No plans to change until the basement remodel happens to get dedicated power runs.

kleinbje

Dec 20, 2012
CT
Would love to read any comparisons you could make if you don't mind...always enjoy reading those. I have heard great things about Running Springs. My local dealer only had access to Accuphase and Transparent, and I needed a serious cord extension since I melted the last one. Ended up with Transp Ref Power Isolator...nice difference. but again, did not have the opportunity to listen to Shunyata or Running Springs.

For me the Shunyata's made a very black background and deeper bass, but they somehow took the enjoyment out of the music for me, it was if the life was sucked out. Now this is slightly hyperbolic, but it was the difference between listening with a smile and screaming **** that sounds amazing. The running springs seemed to do everything better with even more "draw you in" factor. This was even when I used the Dmitri with the stock power cord. When I added the HZ the bass and background were markedly improved. I then added a HZ to my amp and Mongooses all around, been very happy ever since. They are pretty reasonable on the used market. I like em better than the ztrons.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
For me the Shunyata's made a very black background and deeper bass, but they somehow took the enjoyment out of the music for me, it was if the life was sucked out. Now this is slightly hyperbolic, but it was the difference between listening with a smile and screaming **** that sounds amazing. The running springs seemed to do everything better with even more "draw you in" factor. This was even when I used the Dmitri with the stock power cord. When I added the HZ the bass and background were markedly improved. I then added a HZ to my amp and Mongooses all around, been very happy ever since. They are pretty reasonable on the used market. I like em better than the ztrons.

Many thanks! Enjoy. Most intriguing.

Champ04

Sep 24, 2012
Illinois
BIG Running Springs Audio fan here.

P.S. anyone who is a fan of the HZ might be interested in the info at CH Acoustic for future reference. (chacoustic.com/HZCrown)

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
For me the Shunyata's made a very black background and deeper bass, but they somehow took the enjoyment out of the music for me, it was if the life was sucked out.

Have heard this comment before on Shunyata, but no idea on the new products. I think too often, audiophiles focus only on bass and don't figure out the rest of the equation until its too late.

On RSA, my hesitation is really they are a cap company now, not a PLC one. I believe the lead designer moved on as well. I was very close to getting a Dmitri in-house.

Champ04

Sep 24, 2012
Illinois
On RSA, my hesitation is really they are a cap company now, not a PLC one. I believe the lead designer moved on as well. I was very close to getting a Dmitri in-house.

Technically, they always were a cap company. But not just caps, all sorts of premium electronic parts. That's one of the things that made the PLC so good for the price. All of the internal parts were made by them as well. As far as I know, the only thing they didn't make on the PLC was the chassis. But you are correct, the designer has moved on. Which is why I always recommend that people buy older units as they come up for sale.

kleinbje

Dec 20, 2012
CT
I new they were purchased by API, didn't know he designer left. The current dmitri should have the same design, and I think it is still worth a listen. IT was the most significant component I added to my system as it makes everything better.

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
After 6 years, the question still remains - what have owners of Running Springs Audio Power products moved on to, if at all. I have a Haley and am running out of outlets for my growing system; what with three new Linear Power Supplies in the last month. I'm interested in newer acquired replacements for the RSA products where you felt there was improvement in some or all areas, or simply a sideways move where nothing was lost.

JimmyS

Sep 1, 2013
Chicago, IL
6 years later, my running springs gear was sold to a friend and now using a Shunyata 6000T. Was already using Shunyata power cords, and I liked what they did in my system so I tried the 6000T. It brought an improvement in providing a lower noise floor, and I was hearing small details in music passages more clearly. The RSA products are still in my friends system, and performing well.

Reactions: adamaley

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I have a good number of RSA conditioners but most aren’t being used now that I have an Equi=tech sub panel powering all my music room outlets.

If I had to start buying power conditioners again I would go with Audioquest.

Reactions: adamaley

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing