Roon coming to CH C1

zbub

Jun 27, 2013
Hi Everyone. The CH Precision Ethernet_HD card is now

Pricing: for those C1 owners who do not have an ethernet streaming card and wish to add this option, the Ethernet_HD card is $6,000. For those C1 owners who have an ethernet streaming card and wish to upgrade, the cost is dependent upon the age of your card. If the serial number of your ethernet streaming card begins with T17, T18, or T19, the upgrade is $1,000. If the serial number of your card begins with T16 or anything else, the upgrade costs $3,000. ALL C1s EVER BUILT are able to be upgraded to ETHERNET_HD! Real investment protection. Please note that the DIG_IN HD upgrade that we announced last year is a prerequisite for ETHERNET_HD and costs $2,500. This is an essential upgrade in my opinion because we changed the upsampling and digital filters when we released the DIG_IN card and these have made a significant improvement in sound quality of our C1.

ENJOY!

Hi Ralph, how can one check the serial number for the old streaming card? Do I need to pull the card out to check?

Thanks!

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Hi Ralph, how can one check the serial number for the old streaming card? Do I need to pull the card out to check?

Thanks!
Zbub, yes. You must take out your current card to see it's serial number. If the serial number starts with T17, T18, or T19, you can update the Ethernet Streaming card for $1,000 through our authorized dealers. T16 or anything else then the upgrade is $3,000. And again, EVERY C1 EVER BUILT is able to be upgraded. Very worthwhile upgrade if you are a ROON user!

zbub

Jun 27, 2013
Zbub, yes. You must take out your current card to see it's serial number. If the serial number starts with T17, T18, or T19, you can update the Ethernet Streaming card for $1,000 through our authorized dealers. T16 or anything else then the upgrade is $3,000. And again, EVERY C1 EVER BUILT is able to be upgraded. Very worthwhile upgrade if you are a ROON user!

Hi Ralph, thanks so much for your reply. I currently do not use ROON right now, but have considered it. Besides making the new streaming board ROON compatible do you know if CH added any other hardware or software upgrades for streaming?

Thanks

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Hi Ralph, thanks so much for your reply. I currently do not use ROON right now, but have considered it. Besides making the new streaming board ROON compatible do you know if CH added any other hardware or software upgrades for streaming?

Thanks
Zbub, yes. There were a few other changes. See response #33 from me above.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
After living with this new HD Ethernet Board for a few weeks I can say unequivocally that this is a great update and a major improvement in the overall performance of the DAC and the system. Highly recommended!

fxg

Dec 15, 2019
Is it known when MQA will be implemented and if it will be via a software update?

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Hi. With the introduction of the DIG_In HD card in 2018, Tidal / Roon users can stream MQA files to our products and use Roon software to do the first level of "unfolding". From there, the C1/C1 Mono upsamples all files from every digital input to 16X the base frequency (705.6khz or 768khz) and applies our digital filter to enhance resolution. Our digital upsampler and filter is called Polynomial Equations to Enhance Resolution (PEtER). It fits a polynomial best fit curve between the upsampled points to improve the resolution and digital presentation whether its an MQA file from Tidal, or a high res file from QoBuz or other streaming service. Please see one of our dealers for a demonstration and play Tidal MQA files through our DACs.

Reactions: MJB

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing