Rhoda Scott is AWESOME !

rsorren1

Sep 6, 2013
Dallas area
Hello Everyone. Please take a moment and have a listen to Rhoda Scott. I found her on QoBuz last month when she released her latest recording. She is going to be 84 years old, plays the hammond B3 and from what I've heard, she is right up there with the Hammond B3 greats Jimmy Smith, Lonnie Smith, Jack McDuff, Jimmy McGriff, Joey De, etc. There are three EXCELLENT musically and great sounding releases that I can't stop streaming:
1. Movin Blues - check out "Blues at the Pinthiere". This entire recording is TWO musicians; Rhoda Scott and a drummer!
2. Rhoda Scott Lady Quartet - all female jazz group! - Check out "I Wanna Move", and "Rhoda's Delight".
3.Lady All-Stars - all female jazz Group - Check out "R&R"

Her bio says she was born in the US and moved to France in 1967 where she still resides and performs. If I'm ever able to travel to France again I would love to see her perform.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Thanks. Checking her out now.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing