Revopods under Boulder 1160?

divertiti

Jan 12, 2021
don't own Boulder, but do use 24 RevOpods under my Wadax Ref dac and server and very impressed by the performance, and obvious build quality.
Thanks Mike. I'm a believer in the efficacy of the Revopods on various components. I ask about Boulder specifically is because they known for sounding very good (or even best) with stock accessories, so wanted to see if Revopods will make a positive difference here.

On an off topic question, have you tried the Revopods upside down as a cone? Revopods suggests that they perform the same in both orientation in cases you can't screw it in, so just wondering if you had tried

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
They do not perform the same in both orientations. Try it and you will see.

Reactions: divertiti

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Thanks Mike. I'm a believer in the efficacy of the Revopods on various components. I ask about Boulder specifically is because they known for sounding very good (or even best) with stock accessories, so wanted to see if Revopods will make a positive difference here.
makes sense.
On an off topic question, have you tried the Revopods upside down as a cone? Revopods suggests that they perform the same in both orientation in cases you can't screw it in, so just wondering if you had tried
no, one reason i use the RevOpods under the Wadax chassis is that it allows me to adjust both the height and the tension. with 8 feet on the two large Wadax chassis it's critical to have equal tension and height and it's tricky to dial in. it requires the RevOpods to be screwed in.

so not tried them upside down, but i had read about it. if i used them somewhere where i could get away with three RevOpods and a flat chassis bottom and known flat shelf, i would try it.

rgmd11

Mar 30, 2017
I bought my first set recently and use them on my Aqua Linq with great effect, and will buy more for the rest of my equipment, they bring a wonderful ease to the reproduction is what I found, thoroughly worthwhile investment

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
I have them under my EMM DV2 and MBL 101E speakers.
I'm a believer!

Attachments

• RevoPods.jpg.1e055b7dba25740f92a5b48540939e0b.jpg
    RevoPods.jpg.1e055b7dba25740f92a5b48540939e0b.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
I had them installed on my new Aries Cerat Ianus Ageto Preamp that I will receive next week.

divertiti

Jan 12, 2021
They do not perform the same in both orientations. Try it and you will see.
makes sense.

no, one reason i use the RevOpods under the Wadax chassis is that it allows me to adjust both the height and the tension. with 8 feet on the two large Wadax chassis it's critical to have equal tension and height and it's tricky to dial in. it requires the RevOpods to be screwed in.

so not tried them upside down, but i had read about it. if i used them somewhere where i could get away with three RevOpods and a flat chassis bottom and known flat shelf, i would try it.
Great feedback, I will try them both ways and report back.
I bought my first set recently and use them on my Aqua Linq with great effect, and will buy more for the rest of my equipment, they bring a wonderful ease to the reproduction is what I found, thoroughly worthwhile investment
Good to know, ease is exactly what I was hoping to achieve.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
Please let us know your impressions when you receive it
It will be extremely hard to see what kind of difference they make for a couple of reasons. I am adding the Aries Cerat Ageto Preamp after not having one for 3 years. Second, I had the new footers installed at the factory so I will not be getting the factory footers. The biggest adjustment for me will just be seeing the difference the Ageto makes in total with the Revopad footers. TBH, in the past I had a hard time hearing a difference with footers. I had Townshend pods but sold them all when I purchased an Adona Rack.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing