Recommended ICs with Shunyata Power Cables

Bluedog

Nov 22, 2013
Boston
For those of you that run Shunyata power in your rig, what iCs do you find gives the best results? I thought I heard on a previous post that some prefer MIT ICs. I've heard others recommend the Cardas Clear Rev1. I'm currently using Shunyata Alpha RCAs through-out with nice results. Thoughts? Experiences?

Last edited:

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
I use MIT cables with Shunyata power

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
The choice of interconnects is more likely a function of the components they will connect. While power cords play some role in that choice I don't think they drive it. That said, what do you think is the relation between the choice of each? IAre there some specs or measurements that provide guidance? Or is it the resulting performance, most particularly the resulting sound what determines selection? I suspect an answer to your question is of little help without laying out a full system complement.

FWIW, a lot of Shunyata power cord users chose Shunyata interconnects. I used that combination for several years. The power cords continue to move forward with two things: maximizing current delivery (DTCD) and noise reduction via filtering. The ICs and SCs are oriented to avoiding or reducing electrical characteristics or properties of cables that can cause distortion or interference of the signal, such as dielectric energy absorption and release.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing