Re-connecting...

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
...just bought two concert tickets for me and Ra at a local church venue, our first live music for nearly 18 months
Echéa Quartet
Haydn String Qt in C op. 64 no. 1
Britten String Qt No. 3 op. 94
Mozart String Qt in F K590.

There were times in Spring/early Summer last year, and then at Xmas, where none of this looked like it was ever on the cards.
These young players are gonna get the reception of their lives.
Feels like we're coming out of the twilight.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Good on you. So happy to hear you’re able to emerge and enjoy life. Have fun!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Well, it's been a long time coming. We're determined to support all our deserving local shops, eateries, galleries, and arts/music enterprises/venues.
It was the 70th anniversary of our regional classical music festival last year, and really sadly it had to be cancelled.
It will be such a big deal to go to this first, hopefully of many, concert. I've struggled with my work for 12 months, but I can't imagine how awful it's been for musicians and the wider arts community.

Reactions: christoph

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Good on you Marc, I imagine it will feel a bit novel and slightly surreal after a 13 month drought.. Really looking forward to our first outings, nothing planned as yet though..

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I treat a professional classical vocalist in my Norfolk clinic, she's found lockdown very hard professionally, and personally. Luckily she has multiple income streams, and has positive mental attitude by the lorry load, so she's surviving, and will go on to thrive. But she really worries about her musician compatriots, especially the younger ones making their way in the profession. Many won't be as fortunate as her.
I would really urge everyone on the forum to go out and support their arts communities. Classical music live has been up against it for years, the dead hand of Covid is accelerating negative trends.

Reactions: wil

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing