Props to hdtracks

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
But the Chesky move may not be 100% altrustic. Studies show that companies that go out of their way to resolve a situation for a customer usually get a much more satisfied customer that repeats his business with the firm. And I am sure they would rather see a good thread than a bad thread.

But it is good to see MEP a happy man.

I wouldn't interpret this post to say that the Cheskys are doing business in anything other than an honorable way. If consumers find something of value in a company's offerings, then that will drive their sales. Return business depends upon the value of goods/services received and customer service that supports any problems or questions. Any upstanding company will conduct their business according to this simple model.

Lee

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
All I know is that I consider it great customer service. They let me choose any download I wanted at no cost. We have all probably suffered at one time or another with poor customer service in this hobby. Not so here and that was my point.

I do wish that if people know their master tape sucks that they wouldn't bother to make a hi-rez version of suck.

Mark

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
All I know is that I consider it great customer service. They let me choose any download I wanted at no cost. We have all probably suffered at one time or another with poor customer service in this hobby. Not so here and that was my point.

I do wish that if people know their master tape sucks that they wouldn't bother to make a hi-rez version of suck.

Mark

Well, if the music is great and the Hi-rez sucks less than standard rez, I'll take it. :)

caesar

May 30, 2010
I wouldn't interpret this post to say that the Cheskys are doing business in anything other than an honorable way. If consumers find something of value in a company's offerings, then that will drive their sales. Return business depends upon the value of goods/services received and customer service that supports any problems or questions. Any upstanding company will conduct their business according to this simple model.

Lee

Don't mean to imply they are anything but straight and honorable. My point is that it is smart business to make your customer happy when things go wrong.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Don't mean to imply they are anything but straight and honorable. My point is that it is smart business to make your customer happy when things go wrong.

Absolutely agreed. The amount of pleasure I've gotten from sharing their early LP reissues with friends made me a fan, and I've seen nothing to make me feel else.

Lee

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing