Post a nice pic you have taken

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Bob, the first picture is nice but technically, there is something wrong with it. Seems like it was reduced in size and then enlarged again. How did you create it?

It's a low res and a cut off! ...That was easy to spot it! :)

* It was more for the beauty of my niece (Ariane) than the picture itself! :)

By the way Amir, if you noticed the titles of my posts, they are entitlted "Test".
Because I did try to download high res pictutes, but they were simply too large for our computers; you know what I mean...
So I only downloaded lower res pictures! ...For simplicity and practicality sake.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Can we talk about re-sizing photos to reasonable dimensions?

Some standard sizes are:

Large 1024 by 768px
Small 800 by 600px
Web-Large 640 by 480px

It's not hard to re-size and then we could see the entire picture at once.

I totally agree! With our computers we have to accomodate others! :)

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
It's a low res and a cut off! ...That was easy to spot it! :)

* It was more for the beauty of my niece (Ariane) than the picture itself! :)

By the way Amir, if you noticed the titles of my posts, they are entitlted "Test".
Because I did try to download high res pictutes, but they were simply too large for our computers; you know what I mean...
So I only downloaded lower res pictures! ...For simplicity and practicality sake.
There is a proper way to resize down without causing that distortion. That was what I was asking about. How did you resize them down?

BTW, my photo service resizes for me. Indeed, it gives me multiple choices of sizes. I upload the original and it takes care of the rest. The name of the company is smugmmug. I suspect others do the same.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
There is a proper way to resize down without causing that distortion. That was what I was asking about. How did you resize them down?

BTW, my photo service resizes for me. Indeed, it gives me multiple choices of sizes. I upload the original and it takes care of the rest. The name of the company is smugmmug. I suspect others do the same.

Nobody touches my pictures but me! :)

Amir, that picture of my niece has also the effect of the sun! It is an happy accident in my book!
The resolution is only 640 by 480 pixels, and the resizing was extremely minimal without any touches!
Plus the sun effect. You get what you get with Bob! :)

Photography and Cinema are in ART! I studied it, I ate it, I developed it (I worked in dark chambers mixing acids!); they are a huge part of my life!
For me technicality is secondary; it is the subject, the composition, the accidental coincidence and circumstancial emotions that are the true ART, the eye of the lens!
Every person is different about photography! For example, take yourself, your shots are very detailed and beautiful, with the right lighting and all that Jazz... And it is the subject of your picture that gives the emotion, the essence! And you love wildlife which I also love very much myself, as nature and people as well.

Wait you ain't seen nothing yet! But my sharing extends to the sharing of others as well!
And I was top critic of my classes while studying ARTS!
{I am just warming up to What's Best to come! Whatch out when I'll start rolling!} ;):D

Also, as you probably know, some of the best shots in photograpy are pure accidents! And some of them were taken from inexpensive camera and lenses. It is the soul of the picture that we are trying to capture; and only your heart and your eye with the right touch of a finger can overcome any technicality!

As in Audio, the very Best in Life is sometimes purely accidental! And the mood of the moment, at the right spot, in the right space of time is much more important than any precise calculations from standards of measurements!
...Unless you build bridges that have to withstand earthquakes... Then ART here is married with safety! {I was to become an Architect, but I end up an Earth forester, a gardener on a grand scale!}

Music and Pictures are my greatest passions! Psychology and Philosophy as well...
Communication is my greatest tool! In real life as on the Internet (which is also real life)!
And if one knows that best, it's you Amir! :)

* I am just so glad to be here on this site! And among some of the very bests in the bizz!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing