Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
I have to agree, I have a Pilium DAC on demo at the moment and I will be be buying it. This dac is the most natural dac I've heard to date and it's not even ran in yet. I have a Schiit Yggy and the MSB Discrete in my system and I know the Pilium is more expensive than either of those but I have to say with the sound it's making it seems like a bargain. It's the first dac iv'e heard that makes me question the need for my vinyl set up, it's that good!
Has anyone compared the Pilium to the Nagra HD DAC X? I have the Tube DAC and it’s phenomenal - have barely listened to vinyl since getting it almost a year ago.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
There are around 10 Taiko Extreme/usb card/special Elektra driver server and the Pilium Elektra digital front ends now running in the US. All are happy campers and all are off (so they say) of the digital upgrade bandwagon.

I wish I had an Elektra. I have never been able to keep one very long, as soon as I get an Elektra, a customer hears it with the Extreme and "wants it now".

Reactions: K3RMIT

K3RMIT

Sep 4, 2020
I can’t say I heard the dac as yet but will. A note on filters , I would start out stock or as factory recommends. i have dacs with filter settings they have a big effect and seem to be music genre friendly. Meaning if you like electronica there are filters for this. our playback software has some as well. HQ player is loaded with them. for me if your not a person who has the disciplinary ability to stay focused on using them it’s better to find a good start and play over time.

Reactions: Rhapsody

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
not much rave about it unlike Lampi or Aries Cerat, particularly the Elektra DAC part, wondering how they compare. My dealer have one on demo and I thought it sounded wonderful and totally transparent holding its own against Bergmann Galder & Odin Gold Edition with Accuphase C47 Phono (they have HSE phono too but I haven’t heard it yet). Just considering if I should ask my dealer to bring Elektra too For my scheduled home audition for speakers next week
What do you think now you own the Elektra?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
What’s your preference of the filter?
I cannot remember. It’s been a couple of months since I’ve had an Elektra but I will have one coming within the next month.

Reactions: TDX

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
I cannot remember. It’s been a couple of months since I’ve had an Elektra but I will have one coming within the next month.
I've owned it for a few years, and always enjoy it. I've been using the same filter for so many years and almost forgot about it. Now is good to hear what others are using and experiencing something slightly different.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing