Orange is the New Black Trailer

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels

From 'Weeds' creator Jenji Kohan, based on Piper Kerman's memoir of a year spent in prison.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Netflix proved with the Kevin Spacey series that they could be a serious original TV, but the promos I've seen for this looked incredibly depressing....

Tim

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Do you mean House of Cards? Saw 2 episodes and didn't like it but this is because I have the original British series and that's a real gem.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Ohh, been a long time since somebody made a women's prison movie. "Reform School Girls" "Chained Heat" "Sweet Sugar". This one looks kinna sappy, though, not enough of that perverted BEE movie fortitude.

When I did a rotation at the prisons in New Orleans, the female inmates scared me more than the men, you don't know crazy until you've seen a few of them.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Ohh, been a long time since somebody made a women's prison movie. "Reform School Girls" "Chained Heat" "Sweet Sugar". This one looks kinna sappy, though, not enough of that perverted BEE movie fortitude.

When I did a rotation at the prisons in New Orleans, the female inmates scared me more than the men, you don't know crazy until you've seen a few of them.

The eyes usually tell you everything you need to know.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Don't worry, it's already hootertime at the start of episode 1 and she's not even in jail yet. :p
A few seconds later she's is jail and in the showers. :cool:

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
Horrible first show. How do you spell "women in prison" cliche. I turned it off just over halfway through. It's trash.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
When I see trailers (or movies) such as this, I am reminded of a line in another movie (the title of which escapes me). It went something like: "Just because diarrhea is a fact of life doesn't mean I want to watch a movie about it"

But that's just me!!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
When I see trailers (or movies) such as this, I am reminded of a line in another movie (the title of which escapes me). It went something like: "Just because diarrhea is a fact of life doesn't mean I want to watch a movie about it"

But that's just me!!

me too ;)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I have to admit that my wife and I just watched both seasons and thoroughly enjoyed it. I understand why its classified as comedic drama due to some of the goings on in the prison. Its been interesting watching the change in Piper's character as she becomes a hardened inmate

What I liked best about the show was the casting and the makeup. I thought the women in these roles are absolutely terrific. The gal who plays Suzanne "crazy eyes" Warren, Uzo Aduba is mesmerizing. If she doesn't win an Emmy at some point there's no justice.

It was good summer fill and not as bad as you guys suggested at least IMHO

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
My wife and I both enjoyed the first two seasons. There are some very interesting characters and I enjoy the flashback sequences that show how several of the inmates ended up in prison.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Unfortunately the last few seasons weren’t as good as the first few. I must say they did an excellent job with Season 7 to finish the series. Season 7 showed so many aspects of the futility of our prison system. There was never going to be happily ever after for most of the characters and they went to great lengths to show why.

Not too many series do a better job of wrapping things up.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Know when to kill your own show (or in the case of GOT to finish it decently so you don’t ruin your revenue stream)

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Know when to kill your own show (or in the case of GOT to finish it decently so you don’t ruin your revenue stream)
The last few seasons were hard to watch. This season was the best assuming you knew something about the few characters they focused during this final season on. A good finish.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing