Nordost Heimdall 2 Ethernet cable vs Audioquest Diamond RJ/E Ethernet cable

kbuech

Sep 2, 2022
Does anyone have experience comparing these two ethernet cables, the Nordost Heimdall 2 and the Audioquest Diamond?

Right now I have two AudioQuest Diamond RJ/E and one Audioquest Vodka RJ/E cables.

Last edited:

Adco

Feb 1, 2021
Well. As I read through the WBF pages I seem to find more than my share of cable questions that are related to my own experience , as subjective as that may be.
My trajectory could be more described as fumbling around then a strategic plan.

I started with AQ vodka on everything
Went to Wireworld Starlight
Then went to Wireworld Platinum on everything
Then to a mix of AQ Diamond and WW platinum
Now all AQ Diamond is gone , one length of 32’ Wireworld platinum still resides and all the various patch cords are Shunyata Sigmas.

I honestly don’t believe there is a night and day difference between any of the upper Ethernet cables . I would suppose that each brings some different attributes as to how they do what they do. I liked all of them however after putting the Sigmas in there is a natural ease to everything being played I simply didn’t get from any other brand.

I think you really should try all the cables , likely on the last leg first, to determine what’s going to work best for you because they are all good… and… I’m not convinced once you get to the upper levels of this kind of digital cable their are huge differences

as a reference my audio network looks like this:

-cable company modem >
-WW Starlight 1 metre>
-Ediscreation Fibre Box II>
-WW Platinum Starlight (32’)>
-Ediscreation Switch>
-Shunyata Sigma (1.5 metre)>
-Innuos Zenith MKII>
-Shunyata Sigma (1.5 metre)>
-Ediscreation Fibre box II >
-Shunyata Sigma (1.5 metre) >
-Auralic Aries G2.1 >
-AudioQuest Dragon HDMI (.75 metre)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing