New Linn Klimax DSM with Organik DAC

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Do exist any listening impressions with the new Linn Organik DAC?
Thanks

Matt

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Linn surely missed a great opportunity to combine the Klimax with the Orgazmik. Or is that one too many good times?

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
If it were better than the Klimax Katalyst, then it'd be definitely something.
I auditioned the Katalyst generation of Klimax DSM with D'Agostino Momentum mono and Sasha DAW, and I fell in love with that system.

I'd expect the first audition reports coming from Britain soon.

Reactions: RussR

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
If it were better than the Klimax Katalyst, then it'd be definitely something.
I auditioned the Katalyst generation of Klimax DSM with D'Agostino Momentum mono and Sasha DAW, and I fell in love with that system.

I'd expect the first audition reports coming from Britain soon.

From another forum:

One of the Linn dealers sent this message to a Linn owner after auditioning their new Klimax DSM/3 Organik

“Organik is a complete knockout! Biggest step in sound quality from Linn so far!
Way better than Klimax2016 and bigger difference than previous step of Akurate to Klimax.
Katalyst was a mere whiff compared to this. Makes the Majik poweramps sound like Klimax singles. Bass is fantastic!!”

Matt

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
it is also a big step in price!

Personally, I also love the looks (which should not be important, but has its importance to me).
After having switched to Devialet and discovering that the heresy of the double AD/DA conversion with phono does not bring issues (at least, in my system, I've never had such quiet analog...), I'd consider a Klimax fed by a LP12 with Urika II phono a kind of dream system.

If Innovative NYC organized an event (assuming corona would finally give us a break - well, more than a break -), I'd attend pronto.

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
As it has now an USB input too I am curious how it performs as a pure USB DAC with a good source upstream.

Matt

Last edited:

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Listening impressions at a Linn dealer in Oslo, Norway:

"First the New Klimax DSM. Qobuz was used in the demo.
Played via Kudos 707 and a Majik 4100 in bi-amp mode. I've heard the 707 in the same room at a different position via Akurate Exaktbox - I and Akurate DSM before and have not be overly enthusiastic.
Now, - I have not heard such music performance before. The pure presence of being in the room and feel the atmosphere was the biggest change. It basically felt live. Then there was the usual stuff with instruments you I had not noticed before, variations in the singers tone and voice etc. But again, the feel - that was striking. Listening to opera at low volum (can't recall the artist and piece)
Short listening to the outgoing version of Klimax DSM: Nice sound, clear but totally uninteresting. Boring HiFi stuff whereas the new Klimax reproduced music."

Matt

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015
There are quite a few listening impressions over at hifiwigwam in the Linn Owners club. My KDSM/3 AV is on order

7ryder

Jan 31, 2015
Congrats!
I’m sure you’ll love it. Are you currently an owner of the previous Klimax?
I am and I'm trading it on for the new model

jasond

Aug 18, 2022
it is also a big step in price!

Personally, I also love the looks (which should not be important, but has its importance to me).
After having switched to Devialet and discovering that the heresy of the double AD/DA conversion with phono does not bring issues (at least, in my system, I've never had such quiet analog...), I'd consider a Klimax fed by a LP12 with Urika II phono a kind of dream system.

If Innovative NYC organized an event (assuming corona would finally give us a break - well, more than a break -), I'd attend pronto.
Also using Devialet right now. Did you get the LINN?

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
you can find the details of my current system here:
The room is just warmer than in the first pictures.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing