New Flagship Verity Audio speaker

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Verity Audio Mon&#115.jpg

No more information available at the moment.

Last edited:

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
OK quick update:

The driver configuration per channel is: 1 Verity ribbon tweeter, 1 x 6 inches special mid unit, 4 x 9 inches lower mid, and 4 x 15 inches woofers. Sensitivity is 99 dB 1w/1m. Price:$$$$?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Makes the Lohengrin look absolutely pedestrian. Active bass towers Myles? Looks like another prime candidate for the Lamm ML3.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Makes the Lohengrin look absolutely pedestrian. Active bass towers Myles? Looks like another prime candidate for the Lamm ML3.

Hi Jack,

I've given you all that I know :) Will update as get as get more info.

I just wish the Verity speakers were cheaper.

Used to listen to the early vintage speakers over at my friend Lars' with either the Lamm or Tenor Audio amps and they sounded very nice. A little dark (I think some of that was the Purist Audio cables back then) at Lars' but I think he did that purposely to make up for the problems in digital back in the late '90s.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I like the Sensitivity figure ... 99 dB and active bass towers ...? Now let me try to be a cynic ... Price? >$100K , around $150K...
Frantz

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I like the Sensitivity figure ... 99 dB and active bass towers ...? Now let me try to be a cynic ... Price? >$100K , around $150K...
Frantz

Ummmmmm......

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Yes, it has an active crossover.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'd bet you are right in the ballpark Frantz. Not betting any of my nuts this time though ;)

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Hi

I went to their website and this speaker was not part of their line-up .... $325,000 !!! ??? !!! :D

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I think Monsalvat is Latvian or Swahili for "not even a hedge fund manager would consider these". This is insanity. We do not help the situation by focusing our attention on products of this ilk.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Marty, for years I have been wondering about the ever escalating prices of some hi-end gear. What has become obvious over time, is that there are large numbers of people who find these same prices to be chicken-feed and have no qualms whatsoever about paying whatever is asked. Frankly, what I don't really understand is why Verity decided on a price of only $325,000:confused: vs. say $3.25M or maybe $325M:cool:
Is it that Verity knows that there are no Buyers at $325M:rolleyes: or too few Buyers at $3.25M:( or plenty of Buyers at $325K:confused: Inquiring minds want to know:D

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lots of new Billionaires in Russia, China, India and Brazil. If oil prices keep on rising there will be quite a few more from Alberta, Canada.

Honestly I think Verity took on this project just to show what they can do. I really don't think they expect to sell more than a handful.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
So our beloved high end is taking all the patina of luxury goods where status, notoriety or exclusivity are the criterion not performance ... I didn't want to believe it but that is all there is to it ... Performance be damned and since w, audiophiles are helping ... why not?
In the end it is a relief because for a while I wanted to think that these over-the-top products would bring heightened performance along .. After auditioning some very expensive components and gears ... I know it is not so ... thankfully?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm sure it IS that way for some companies, maybe even many. I'm not so sure it is the case with Verity though. They have consistently made very good loudspeakers over a wide range of price points over the years and I believe they are financially healthy enough to take on a major engineering exercise such as this one. What's sketchy at this point is what innovations they've come up with. The 2 passive, 2 active bass tower approach has been around for what, 30 or even close to 40 years now? They definitely look stunning to these eyes and I think they will sound stunning as well. I'm just wondering what they might have developed that would benefit their loyal customer base as their technology trickles down.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Has any actually heard this Monsalvat in quiet, leisurely, non-show conditions?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing