New! Aries Cerat Concero 25

nunobrazuna

Oct 23, 2019
My actual system is Triode TRX-M845 SET Amp, Ayon CD35 HF CD / DAC / Preamp, Paradigm Persona 9H speakers.

Although satisfied with my system, I had always a secret admiration for Aries Cerat...and finally Aries Cerat is being represented in my country, so it was inevitable that I would try them at home.

Now I have in my home the new Aries Cerat SET Amp Concero 25, Incito S Preamp and Helene DAC.

The Concero 25s are a monoblocks SET amps with 25w. The power tubes are 845 (Elrog) and the driver tubes RCA 814.

The amplifiers are completely new, and the preamp and DAC only played about 30 to 40 hours.

First Impressions:

Compared to my system, the sound is even more organic and natural. The midrange is now full-bodied without any sign of hardness! The treble is fatigue-free, even with speakers such as the Personas 9H, which favor clarity and transparency and can sometimes sound a little harsh with lower quality recordings.

After 3 days:

Another glorious night with the Aries Cerat / Personas 9h system...the sound is getting better and better.

The voices are spooky real...I close my eyes and suddenly the singer is with me in the room.

Any trace of hardness with my previous system is gone...and this with the amps with only 30h of burn in, and a cheap interconnect and power chord between the preamp and DAC (my dealer is waiting for the Audiences AU24SX).

more to come...

Aries Cerat

Industry Expert
May 30, 2015
Hello Nuno.Welcome to the AC forum.I am happy you are enjoying the new amplifiers.
Cheers
Stavros

Reactions: Golum

nunobrazuna

Oct 23, 2019
Thank you Stravos,

I am on the fence to order the Kassandra Ref MK2 DAC...but Helene is so good! ... You are suspicious (eh eh....no offense), but what aspect of sound will improve from Helene to Kassandra ?

thank you .

Nuno

Aries Cerat

Industry Expert
May 30, 2015
Hello Nuno
Yes Helene is great,almost at same level as the Gen 1 Kassandra.The Gen 2 Kassandra however is better in all aspects,in some slight,in some with good margin.Dynamics,scale and holography being on the latter.

Best
Stavros

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing