My budget system and a speaker question

dhrf

Feb 6, 2022
1644180125764.jpeg

Yes the infamous Zaldek line..............I use to have a smaller polk but I really listen veryloud and was about to blow them when a trade for this ones (new)(250rms, and 150rms 6h) apper in 2007, my old Yamaha die and they whent stored for 8 years.
Well one day my wife say sell them................I buy a Yamaha rx-v685.
I know very well that this line of spekers where dj oriented and the colums put so much bass that you dont need the subb...............and thats was its primary problem since I use the yamaha crossorver and cut the lows the medium came to life, really changing the speakers.
I think that this speaker will came with the wrost crossover ever. To my surprise I found this one, and all wired where soldered to the speakes.
1644180779377.jpeg
20cm wide pcb.
So people My cuestion, do I need to rebuild the 3 way crossorver do to its age?

PD:I use to have much better speakers, but with the 80 cut they really sound decent. I also learn how wonderfoull is to have central with somuch power and bass.

thanks

Attachments

• wharfedale_zaldek_manuel.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing