Must Have Room Tweak And Conversation Piece

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I visited my good friend Marty in Dallas several months ago and was wowed by a pair of laser lights in his room which were totally mesmerizing, so much so that when I got home I bought a pair myself. I posted a similar thread in another forum and several people purchased them as well including Audoguy here on our forum

Please have a look

www.blisslights.com

The one to get is the BL-15. Reasonably priced with MSRP of ~$650/light but can be purchased for much less. If anyone is interested, PM me for my source

http://www.blisslights.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65&Itemid=85

Here is a time lapse photo of the front of my room

Depending on room size two lights are probably better to light the whole room

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
My audio friend Bruce has two lasers, one can be programed for a show of sorts. Bruce also has a smoke machine which helps the laser show. There might be a disco ball somewhere, and there are a couple of lava lamps and a few optic fiber sculptures. He has a complete city for his 1:43 scale car collection about 4 foot by 8 foot with lit signs on the buildings (including a movie theater marque), lit street lights and a few other tricks.

I have a candle, my tube amp, and something I call my "wall of light".

Attachments

• Kach-Wall-4..jpg
    Kach-Wall-4..jpg
    74 KB · Views: 267

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Looks cool. Wld love to consider one if there is 240v version but unfortunately only available in 110v

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Uh Steve, do they have medical marijuana in California?... Never mind.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Steve, it reminds me of the Laserium show I saw at the Griffith Park Observatory down in L.A. back in the late 70s. The music was The Who's album Who Are You. And, Gregadd, we did not call it *medical* marijuana back then.:D

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
Since this seems to be a thread for cool effects, let me share one that I learned from the early days of digital cinema. Pixelated video projectors can make an eerie 3-D effect by projecting images like faces bodies, etc. on a fountain of water. The smaller the drops and the greater the mist, the more impressive the effect.

Add Marty's lasers to the mix and you will probably feel stoned while maintaining clean urines!

Grainger49

May 11, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I visited my good friend Marty in Dallas several months ago and was wowed by a pair of laser lights in his room which were totally mesmerizing, so much so that when I got home I bought a pair myself. I posted a similar thread in another forum and several people purchased them as well including Audoguy here on our forum

Please have a look

www.blisslights.com

The one to get is the BL-15. Reasonably priced with MSRP of ~$650/light but can be purchased for much less. If anyone is interested, PM me for my source

http://www.blisslights.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65&Itemid=85

Here is a time lapse photo of the front of my room

Depending on room size two lights are probably better to light the whole room

This reminds me of the Infinity Laser Monolumia. It came out in the mid 70s and lasted maybe a couple of weeks. I did briefly see one.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Bought a laser light, exciting disco lighting but it was noisy. So much so that I return it. So I suppose the laser equipment you bought is quiet?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Bought a laser light, exciting disco lighting but it was noisy. So much so that I return it. So I suppose the laser equipment you bought is quiet?

yes and I have two of them. Now in fairness if I put my ear to the unit I can hear the slow turn of the motor inside but at the sitting position or elsewhere I can't hear that.

Also when I purchased my first two, one was ion fact noisy. I called them and they gave me a return authorization. They were unable to fix it so they sent me a new one which is quiet like thew first

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing