Motus II DQ in Seattle

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Hi all,

Setup a demo this weekend with a Motus II DQ. We are still sorting out a few things (footfall / rack mainly). It will be a somewhat unusual system in that my client uses powered Genelec speakers directly fed by a NADAC player; so for the analog we are running the STST into an AudioSpecials Phonolab (with the onboard volume control option installed) > XLR > Genelec's.

DSC03816.JPG
the plinth is matte black with Purpleheart. I'm a woefully impatient photographer so the color of the purpleheart is much prettier in person ;)

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Heads up:

We had to bring in a different rack system (and do a few simple structural mods) to mitigate vibration issues for this demo; so if anyone in the PNW wants to hear the Motus II in their system this month lets chat...

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Hi Bob,

The plinth top plate is covered in a matte HPL (high pressure laminate) which I like to spec as its extremely durable and doesn't show dust or fingerprints too much. One may however choose various different finishes for both top and sides as Stefan builds all tables to order. The pic below is of a Motus DQ in piano black with the top plate in a metal look to illustrate other finishes:
IMG_20181114_145514_150.jpg

As the purpleheart picture is of a Motus II DQ, the fully suspended top model, the platter and armboard don't actually touch the plinth fyi...

Bob Heinatz

Jun 21, 2010
Thanks for your update. It looks like a nice high quality table. I live in the PNW so I have some interest in this table. I am assuming most arms will work?

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Any arm will work. The standard plinth accomodates 9" -10" or an optional larger plinth for 12".

The Motus II suspension/damping is calibrated for the arm used. Typically I supply Stefan with the arm weight (actual, not effective mass) and he sets it up. Then any tweaks required are made onsite.

Lmk if you would me to arrange an in home demo with the 12" plinth pictured...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing