Miele Triflex HX1 Cordless Vacuum

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I have been researching cordless, lightweight, "stick" vacuums. I have a Dyson handheld vacuum, which is very good and is definitely a quality product, so I naturally gravitated towards something like the Dyson V11 stick vacuum.

But I've also had wonderful luck with Miele products, including a Miele canister vacuum which I have had for about 15 years and, with one service a few years ago, continues to perform perfectly. So I researched to see if Miele makes cordless stick vacuums. It turns out that Miele started making cordless stick vacuums about four years ago.

Today I got a Miele Triflex HX1, the entry-level model.

It is beautifully designed (more sleek and contemporary than the Dyson), has an on/off switch, rather than a trigger switch, seems simpler to clean and is the same price as the entry-level Dyson.

Also it is freestanding (it does not need to be leaned up against a wall). The Dyson is not free-standing.

I highly recommend this vacuum!

Attachments

• IMG_7311.jpeg
    IMG_7311.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I have been researching cordless, lightweight, "stick" vacuums. I have a Dyson handheld vacuum, which is very good and is definitely a quality product, so I naturally gravitated towards something like the Dyson V11 stick vacuum.

But I've also had wonderful luck with Miele products, including a Miele canister vacuum which I have had for about 15 years and, with one service a few years ago, continues to perform perfectly. So I researched to see if Miele makes cordless stick vacuums. It turns out that Miele started making cordless stick vacuums about four years ago.

Today I got a Miele Triflex HX1, the entry-level model.

It is beautifully designed (more sleek and contemporary than the Dyson), has an on/off switch, rather than a trigger switch, seems simpler to clean and is the same price as the entry-level Dyson.

Also it is freestanding (it does not need to be leaned up against a wall). The Dyson is not free-standing.

I highly recommend this vacuum!
I totally agreee about Miele Ron. We too have the canister and have used it for at least the same time as you. As for Tyson, we did have one of their vacuums and my wife hated it. It did poorly with dog fur and constantly needed to clean the rollers. The only Dyson product my wife likes is their hair dryer.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
In the 2000s Miele appliances had a problem of German over-engineering. I remember well a combination laundry washer+dryer I had in an apartment which had so many knobs, buttons and rotary switches you would swear you were looking at a missile control firing panel. Operation was very non-intuitive.

Over the years they corrected that over-engineering problem and now Meile appliance controls are understandable, the designs are beautiful (if you like contemporary), the build construction is impeccable, and the functionality is extremely reliable. Between my house and a recently renovated rental property I now have two Miele microwave ovens, two Miele dishwashers, and a Miele gas range/oven/hood vent. Each piece is a fantastic, contemporary design with intuitive controls.

I have become a huge fan of that brand. The appliances are more expensive than the usual Kenmore, Thermidor, General Electric, etc., but I truly believe the upcharge is worth it in terms of quality and longevity. But I still stick with sub-zero for refrigerators.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Williams

Gunnar

VIP/Donor
Mar 24, 2021
Grand Est France
We are also a huge fan of Miele. A few years ago we redid completely our kitchen. Everything Miele. Oven with steam, a microwave combined with a normal oven, dishwasher, induction 3 phases and their vacuum “box”. Vacuum is a good way to cook as well as with steam. Nevertheless we took “cold” from Liebherr, a German company, which not just sell industrial machines but also fridges provide Miele with their cold technology. Everything works flow less . Not cheap but worth the investment.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Anyone looking for this appliance should seriously consider Tineco. Appears on numerous "best of" recommendation lists for very good reasons.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing