Looking for the perfect Integrated Amp

krelldog

Apr 4, 2018
For a host of reasons I'm looking to simplify my audio system. I currently have all Pass Labs- 250.8/ XP-22/XP-17 phono pre.

My goal is to find the perfect integrated amp with a decent M/C phono section. I'm leaning towards lower wattaqe class A Integrated.

I'm leaning towards a Luxman 590AX ii.....I'm looking for any and all suggestions for anything better. My budget is under 10K used,

Thanks in advance to any and all recommendations.

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
There has been no reply because nothing is perfect. Look for something that meets most of your criteria.

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Music City, USA aka Nashville
I auditioned several with the same goal. Price range was $20k to $50k. Nothing I auditioned sounded as good as separates from the same company, which typically cost $20 to $50k more.

I owned a Levinson 5805 when they first came out. After about two months of use, it blossomed and sounded really good for its $9k price point. But after three months, the power supply failed. Levinson replaced the whole unit with a brand new sealed A stock unit. So … happy ending on that one.

Dave777tx

Sep 8, 2023
Texas
I like the Boulder 866 and if you order it with the DAC is really really good for the price. Just get the best possible power cable and you can have tons of fun, thats my fav integrated

JRW1971

Dec 21, 2021
I like the Boulder 866 and if you order it with the DAC is really really good for the price. Just get the best possible power cable and you can have tons of fun, thats my fav integrated
I had one on loan for a few months. Boy was that a fun amp. Punchy, engaging, really satisfying sound. I’ve heard a lot of integrateds in my same room; that 866 is definitely a killer. And the DAC held its own with a Bartok. That surprised me.

Reactions: Dave777tx

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing