Lampizator Gulfstream?

ayc868

Nov 8, 2022
Silicon Valley
Hi RGT911,
I have a Gulfstream and received it in December '21 it replaced my Lampizator SuperKomputer. The SKomputer is my only other point of reference for a server and before the GulfStream I thought it was great. Currently I own a Golden Gate 2 but in few weeks or so, I will be receiving the Pacific. I felt like it was time to upgrade servers, and I am glad that I did, as I could not believe the sonic differences it made in my system! Across the board sonic improvement; more realistic, more live sounding, better bass, better everything. Also I am thrilled that it makes no sound of its own. Dead quiet! In addition, for heat dispersion Lucas uses cooling fins on one side of the chassis. This replaces the hampster wheel looking dealio like on the top of Super Komputer.
Lucas is using the Gulfstream with the new Horizon at shows which is a testament of the quality.
If you have any other questions let me know. I should have the Pacific in place by 3/15/22
what is Lucas ?

ayc868

Nov 8, 2022
Silicon Valley
First off, thank you J., For sharing your opinions on the Gulfstream! Thrilled you're enjoying it and can't wait for your feedback once the Pacific gets added!

You aren't necessarily wrong, this GS is a server first and foremost. Just because you can use it as a computer doesn't mean we want you to... A $150 Chromebook would be a better choice for that. That said we have a couple guys that had SKs and now GS that liked to listen to YouTube music videos and send the video via projector to their rooms.
No body will use $8000 gear to do $150 Chromebook job. When we ask this question, mainly, to make sure it will play Youtube through browser as we normally do. Youtube has millions HiRes songs. - 24bit 32 bit
also, we know it will play MP4

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: keithc

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing