Lamm ML2

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Researching stereo subjects is part of my nature and I find it a fascinating subject.
micro
I do plenty of research as well. I like learning. I’m also accepting of the fact that this is an ever evolving hobby and I go to a lot of audio shows and an accepting of the fact that I could upgrade in many places. However I love the sound of my system and am enjoying finally listening to the music without making comparisons in my head to other things. For me it makes listening to music so much more enjoyable. Other than 2 minor changes to my system I enjoy this new found “freedom”

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Micro

im shocked that you bought the ML3 and SET is not your preference

Well, should I be shocked because I do not manage to sell it and the eight large wood crates need a lot of space? It is even more shocking! ;)

We do not listen to amplifiers, we listen to complete systems. No speaker I have considered to the ML3 really tempted me. For me being SET, push pull, OTL or solid state is not relevant. What matters most is my enjoyment.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
micro
I do plenty of research as well. I like learning. I’m also accepting of the fact that this is an ever evolving hobby and I go to a lot of audio shows and an accepting of the fact that I could upgrade in many places. However I love the sound of my system and am enjoying finally listening to the music without making comparisons in my head to other things. For me it makes listening to music so much more enjoyable. Other than 2 minor changes to my system I enjoy this new found “freedom”

Since long I know you have an open and inquistive mind concerning stereo. In this hobby we stop where and when we want to stop, and move where we want to move. IMHO your great system is a very interesting mix of "natural TM" and "anti-natural TM" parts, selected according to your preferences.

I do not carry formal comparative listening. I listen to the music sounding different along time and guide my evolution according to my enjoyment. No attachment to equipment, except for some gratitude and respect to the people who bring me such enjoyment.

leyenda

Mar 2, 2011
Isn't it interesting how Lamm electronics can sometimes drive speaker choices, particularly in the case of the ML2. I had the same interest as you and started the thread: Best contemporary speaker under $100k for Lamm ML2.x type amplifiers?
I later amended that to include vintage speakers as well.

I also concur about having a Lamm preamp go with a Lamm amp as a way to further 'unlock' the magic in the amp, particularly in the lower frequencies. And not just for the ML2 - there is a synergy between the L2 and the hybrid M1.2 and M1.1. I agree it can be difficult to describe the Lamm sound.

Any further updates on the speaker compatibility tima?

Cableman

Dec 27, 2013
Thanks for touching base, leyenda. Details are not finalized just yet but the plan is to compare two rather different Lamm amps on the same speaker. It should be v. interesting; - review in first part of 2022.
Don’t forget to move the speakers to perfect the integration with the amps

• Haha
Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing