Kuzma Stabi M -> Techdas AF3P

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
I know it’s probably a lame question, but there is a good offer for a second-hand AF3P, and I am tempted:) Obviously it’s a better TT, but how big a difference I would hear in the context of my system? How would you describe the character of Techdas vs Kuzma? Is it less lively, but allows you to hear more musical information?
To be honest, I am quite happy with my TT at the moment and had no plans to change it. But offers like this do not come very often… Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Aziz

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
If you cannot demo the AF3P, I would keep your Kuzma. As you stated, you are happy.

It's an itch. Let him buy

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Surely I would have more encouragement from you if it was Brinkmann Balance:p

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ked doesn't spend, so we can instead.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Ked doesn't spend, so we can instead.

Don't you wish you had spent more on speakers (less in the used market than the cost of my drivers alone in the used market) than you did on foo?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Surely I would have more encouragement from you if it was Brinkmann Balance:p

Normally when people ask should I buy, to a component that has just come up at a good price and which they have not heard, i.e. no real reason to buy, it is difficult to discourage them. Thrill of a bargain in hifi is too good to resist

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Well, I almost bought AF2 several years ago after comparing it to AF3 in the same setup. That was a big mistake, as I could not afford AF2 and had no desire to buy AF3 after listening to AF2.
Techdas brand has a certain aura, that makes it a very desirable brand to own. It’s like MSB in the digital world:) I know it’s lame, and we both know, that a properly setup Lampi can sound as good or even better than an MSB, but most people will never believe it.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Well, I almost bought AF2 several years ago after comparing it to AF3 in the same setup. That was a big mistake, as I could not afford AF2 and had no desire to buy AF3 after listening to AF2.
Techdas brand has a certain aura, that makes it a very desirable brand to own. It’s like MSB in the digital world:) I know it’s lame, and we both know, that a properly setup Lampi can sound as good or even better than an MSB, but most people will never believe it.

Techdas had an aura because it was the first big 100k table. That was the AF1. The AF3 piggyback on AF1. Tang sold off his AF1p. Fremer has a post here that he "gave the original AF 1 a less than enthusiastic review"

So why does AF3 p have an aura?

All auras exist in a small circle that we hang out with during that specific period. If you hang out with a Magico group, you will think the next small new A6 speaker has aura. If you go to Lansing heritage forum (altec, Jbl,, tad vintage) you will think TAD 4003 is the ultimate to wait for.

If you hang out on the shoes thread on this forum you will think John Lobb or Ed Green has an aura

But in marathon runners Nike Vaporfly has the Aura as the fastest shoe

Attachments

• 13CFA5A0-A320-42F0-B2E2-F8ED4A32EB95.jpeg
    13CFA5A0-A320-42F0-B2E2-F8ED4A32EB95.jpeg
    439.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: wbass

Birdwatcher

May 29, 2018
EU
Hi Aziz,
can you please report on your findings of differences between the Kuzma Stabi M and TechDAS AF3P after about 1 year?

Reactions: Down Under

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing