King-Cello tape repro with added meters and pots

stellavox

Apr 23, 2010
Hey VICTOR buddy!!!

I'm not going anywhere - just trying to "simplify" my life and spend more time listening. Realized that I've been too much of a "gear guy" and wish to rectify that by just enjoying the music and great jazz out there. Not to mention hoping to buzz around the country in my RV. Where do you live?? Have a wide driveway?/

And sorry for the hole in your family budget - did you blame it directly on me or.....? Don't want my name on any divorce papers.

Charles

Foxbat

Jun 11, 2020
Hi Charles,

I live... let me put it this way: when you come over, we will be able to walk and meet Biden's security detail, guarding his home. :)

I like your plans... traveling with a good companion is something many of us dream about, but never do. And yes, I do have a sizable driveway. :)

I have been blessed with my wife... she's been living with me and all my toys for 50 years, and is not showing any signs of being annoyed. In fact, when I recently showed up with yet another tape machine, she got furious I did not buy the other one... and sent me back next day, shoving money into my pocket.

I like what you have done and are doing... would be fun to talk about it someday over a beer. I have only seen the pictures of it, but who knows, maybe some day I will get a chance to try it in my system. We could do a shotout. :)

Best.

Victor

Reactions: srs148

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
hey Charles,

my King Cello is singing sweetly and always delivers for me. still liking the upgrade. i had a group of guys visiting a couple weeks ago and they definitely liked the tape i played.

enjoy your simplifying and touring.

cheers,

Mike

stellavox

Apr 23, 2010
hey Charles,

my King Cello is singing sweetly and always delivers for me. still liking the upgrade. i had a group of guys visiting a couple weeks ago and they definitely liked the tape i played.

enjoy your simplifying and touring.

cheers,

Mike
Mike,

Of course you're also on my "stop by" list - next summer

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing