Junior's Journey

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Another great album we spun..... it only the first few notes to be played before Air Force One designer turned to me and said, "The Genesis always lets the feeling through." I wholeheartedly agreed as that is one of the things that I strive for - to have the musical performance emerge unscathed - emotion and all.

Pollini.jpg

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Here's another album that Nishikawa-an shared that totally captivated me - An Evening with George Shearing & Mel Torme. As usual with these great albums, it is difficult to find a good copy. Great music is played often, and the LPs scratched and worn. I would usually be lucky to find one in VG+ condition. It took a couple of weeks, but I finally managed to score this one. Someone had bought 2 copies, got one autographed by George Shearing, and obviously played the second copy. This one looked like it had never been played and sounded glorious!! The other copy was Good+ and came along as a freebie.

George Shearing.jpg

We all had so much fun that we were almost late for dinner......

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
After nearly 4 hours of music, we departed for the next sensuous pleasure - fantastic sushi at the best sushi restaurant I've been to in Tokyo - Nishikawa-san's favorite sushi joint. Unfortunately, the name of the restaurant was only in Japanese, and it's off a little side street in Nippori. It's a tiny place - 6 seats at the sushi bar, plus two tatami tables seating 4. The chef took a shine to my son because he eats his sushi naked - without added soy sauce or wasabi - and he told that chef that's the best way to actually taste the fish.

Presenting Sushi.jpg

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hi Gary will you be there for IASJ? Let's get together!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
After nearly 4 hours of music, we departed for the next sensuous pleasure - fantastic sushi at the best sushi restaurant I've been to in Tokyo - Nishikawa-san's favorite sushi joint. Unfortunately, the name of the restaurant was only in Japanese, and it's off a little side street in Nippori. It's a tiny place - 6 seats at the sushi bar, plus two tatami tables seating 4. The chef took a shine to my son because he eats his sushi naked - without added soy sauce or wasabi - and he told that chef that's the best way to actually taste the fish.

View attachment 10838

You suck! :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Fly over too Myles, let's make it a Part-eeee!!!!!!!! :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing