Jasmin and Jasper

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Two older siblings transferred in from a shelter in the hinterlands. Big, strong, healthy kittens. We have a DOB of Mar 23 and an intake date in late April describing them as sweet and social, good with kids and other cats. They've spent almost 4 months in a tiny cage and are a little anxious -- they've chewed off each other's whiskers. They were spayed/neutered the same day they were transferred. So spent a night and a day in the cage just getting over the trip and the operation. Letting them settle and decompress, and my cats to get used to the idea of two "teenagers" in the house.

First_day.jpg

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
After a couple days decompressing, kittens wanted attention, pets and out. They'd climb into my arms each time I opened the cage, so I scheduled a "work from home day" and let them out under supervision.

Feather.jpg

They are definitely shelter kitties. They want kibble, not wet food, and I had to teach them what a feather and wand were for. I showed them the ball in the track and also little toys they could bat around the house. They explored slowly. The living room area the first day. Well, my Baer was guarding the inner sanctum. :D :D

Baer_guard.jpg

So they got comfy with the cat tree / perch and my desk where I worked.

J&J.jpg

Reactions: Audire

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
I went to the shelter to pick up their de-worming meds and did not find Jasper's. After a bit of dance around where the front desk volunteer and the adoption coordinator looked in the meds pick-up basket 3x each, they asked the vet on duty to help and if she could dispense for Jasper. After searching her database and finally by pulling up my records to see which kittens I had been assigned... turned out that they renamed Jasper to Joey because they had too many Jaspers (a dog too!) come in the same day. So back to the meds pick-up basket and the adoption coordinator was concerned because there was enough medication for a 9lb cat and I had a 5 month kitten. Yes... Joey-Jasper IS that big. His sister Jasmin is 6.2lbs.

J&J_snuggles.jpg

Jasmin3.jpg

Jasper3.jpg

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Good news. I dropped Jasmin off at the shelter yesterday morning on my way to work for her adoption meet-and-greet appointment in the afternoon. I'm told she behaved perfectly, purring for her visitors and even rolled over for belly rubs.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing