James Bond - SKYFALL Trailer

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Now her last name. ;)

Ok...next time just give me the right spelling if I posted it wrong, as opposed to piece-mealing it. I made a spelling error....big deal.:mad:

Sorry Bob... I now rate both your posts a big FAIL!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Another thread I missed... Another huge fan here, having seen all the movies at least 30 times, yes no exaggeration, read all the books including trivia! Nuts, huh? Well, I finally exposed my true passion, and it's not high end audio :D So much so, that during a serious poker game a few years ago, with a Bond movie in the background, I started uttering the dialog ahead of the movie, and while everyone was looking at me as if I were an imbecile, they all cracked up when the movie caught up with me 2 seconds later... really funny moment...

Peter

my wife has an uncanny ability to do that as well

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
It's a crime that Salma Hayak was never chosen as one of the Bond girls.

I defy anyone to tell me I'm wrong! :D

John - I doubt Salma could be considered for a Bond movie since, as nice as she is, she is not that tall (1.52 mts), she would have to share scenes with a 1.84 guy (Brosnan).

Mike

VIP/Donor
Jan 28, 2012
Madison, New Jersey
When I was a kid (it was about the time of Live and let Die and The Man With The Golden Gun), I couldn’t see past those current movies, thinking that the Bond movies from the sixties were so passé, though they were still quite enjoyable. In recent years, I’ve bought the Connery movies on DVD. Probably Goldfinger is the best, but Dr. No, From Russia with Love, Thunderball (wasn’t crazy about Never Say Never Again, based upon Thunderball ), even You Only Live Twice, were great. I liked the Roger Moore ones, too, though that might be a sentimental thing, as it was during my childhood. The Spy Who Loved me was pretty good, as well as the others I mentioned. I’m not crazy about anything after that.

If I recall correctly, the opening scene usually really grabs you.

Amazing genre.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
Claudine Auger as Domino in Thunderball has often been cited as one of the hottest Bond girls:

Lee

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Ok...next time just give me the right spelling if I posted it wrong, as opposed to piece-mealing it. I made a spelling error....big deal.:mad:

Sorry Bob... I now rate both your posts a big FAIL!

I saw that you made a typo in Salma's first name, so I simply mentioned it, no big deal at all.

Then 3 minutes later I realized that you also made one in her last name, again no big deal at all.

That was simple timing John. And besides, this is just a forum from the Internet;
no use to get mad at all. ...We're talkin' 'bout movies, James Bond 007

You are my friend, and as such, every comment I make towards you is always friendly.
You can be certain of that. It's just who I am John; in the cyber world as in real life.

With total sincerity,
Bob

Now back to our regular programming: SKYFALL 007 :b

Last edited:

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
100% agreed on understanding quantum Steve.

Who cares if they took over a thirld world water supply. Was there a larger point? The opera with the quantum agents really had little purpose to the story.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing