I am blessed to finally have a tube tape head preamp I can afford

Jazzbo

Aug 20, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia Area
happy ending to a nice story

congrats to you Bob. I know what you meant when you said the sound was wonderful as I too had that jaw dropping experience the first time I listened to mine through my Doshi tape head preamp.

Hello Mr. Williams,

Man, am I happy for your and all others who have had this wonderful experience. You guys and many on the Tape Project forum have pushed me forward so that I did not hesitate to take the next step up from the turntable (?). I don't want to anger anyone but that's just my take on this whole tape thing. For all of you who could afford the higher price spreads, the path for me was clear. I had to find an opportunity to get my foot in the door. I finally came face to face with the reality of what you guys were hearing when you listened to your tapes. I had to keep moving foward and saving my pennies until I could have that experience. I am not going to debate anyone regarding who makes the better pre amp, but I will say how happy I am with what I have sir. To my dainty ears, I'm listening real good now. I am so pleased with making up my mind, even on a fixed income, that I would step out and find a way to listen like you all do. Thanks to the support and great advice I've gotten that pushed me to the next level. I would be so please if someone can PM me regarding a simple way to post photos of my pre amp. I've tried several times but ........ I really want to get those photos up to share with you all. Steve, can you do it????

jazzbo bob

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing